Need ideas for non-beach activity within walking distance of the pier.

Susie51

We'll be in St. Croix on our last day of the cruise. We would like to do a non-beach type activity that is a short, easy walk from the pier. We enjoy shopping and historical buildings.

What o you suggest?

Fort Frederik

Fort Frederik Museum - construction started in the 1700's. Governor General Peter Von Scholten read the proclamations abolishing slavery in 1848 at the fort. There a museum and art gallery on-site. There is an admission fee of $3.00 for adults, however, for those under the age of 16, admission to the museum is free. The fort is open on Saturdays only and when cruise ship are in port. Hours of operation are 8:00AM until 4:00PM

Caribbean Museum Center for the Arts - serves and promotes the art and the artists of the Caribbean region. Museum Hours: Wednesday through Saturday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.

Located at 10 Strand St & # 62 King

There is I understand a marketplace with local merchandise when the cruise ships come in.

Other non-beach activities like Whim plantation or the rum distillery mean a taxi or safari bus ride.

Drake is a current local resident who may have more ideas. I've been away from the islands for many years.

Drake you're the best. Hope to get back to St. Croix & meet you.

• 2 weeks later...
Fort Frederik

Fort Frederik Museum - construction started in the 1700's. Governor General Peter Von Scholten read the proclamations abolishing slavery in 1848 at the fort. There a museum and art gallery on-site. There is an admission fee of $3.00 for adults, however, for those under the age of 16, admission to the museum is free. The fort is open on Saturdays only and when cruise ship are in port. Hours of operation are 8:00AM until 4:00PM

Caribbean Museum Center for the Arts - serves and promotes the art and the artists of the Caribbean region. Museum Hours: Wednesday through Saturday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.

Located at 10 Strand St & # 62 King

There is I understand a marketplace with local merchandise when the cruise ships come in.

Other non-beach activities like Whim plantation or the rum distillery mean a taxi or safari bus ride.

Drake is a current local resident who may have more ideas. I've been away from the islands for many years.

Drake you're the best. Hope to get back to St. Croix & meet you.

Thank you so much! HarpHarp really covered the big points well.

I would suggest you grab some comfortable shoes and stroll around my town, lots of old buildings (especially churches) to enjoy. You may want to join up with CHANT and take their historic tour.