Doctors Cave from Falmouth

Suzyrn89

We are arriving into Falmouth on Harmony and a few months later on the Allure, we have never done a excursion in Jamaica and this year would like to do a beach break that is close by but hate the idea of the high cost associated with ship excursions. We have come across Doctors Cave beach. A few questions:

1. Is it easy to take a cab or shuttle from the port to the Doctors Cave Beach, is the shuttle inside the gates of the port?

2. How far of a ride is it?

3. Is there a better beach to go hang out, we want chairs and umbrellas, and beach service i.e drinks and possibly food.

Thanks for any advice.

I went to Doctors Cave from Falmouth & it was amazing!!! One of my favorite beaches ever. I went on a tour through Real Tours Jamaica & did the Rose Hall great house, Doctors Cave, then lunch at Scotchies. They picked us up at the port in Falmouth & I think it was 20-30 minutes to the first stop at the great house which wasn't far from the beach so I'd estimate the beach would take you about that long. You have to pay to get into the beach but it was included in our tour so I'm not sure how much it was, maybe $5 per person? And we paid for an umbrella that I think was maybe $10 and lounge chairs were extra so we skipped those. They have drink service which was nice & really yummy drinks!! The water was a-maz-ing!!! So calm & the perfect temp, I could have stayed forever!!! [emoji2]

If you are interested in a tour through Real Tours Jamaica they have different options & they were very good. They have a website you can check out. Just be warned that if you call them it's like $5 per minute (or at least that's what it cost me...yikes!)

Have fun!!! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I went to Doctors Cave from Falmouth & it was amazing!!! One of my favorite beaches ever. I went on a tour through Real Tours Jamaica & did the Rose Hall great house, Doctors Cave, then lunch at Scotchies. They picked us up at the port in Falmouth & I think it was 20-30 minutes to the first stop at the great house which wasn't far from the beach so I'd estimate the beach would take you about that long. You have to pay to get into the beach but it was included in our tour so I'm not sure how much it was, maybe $5 per person? And we paid for an umbrella that I think was maybe $10 and lounge chairs were extra so we skipped those. They have drink service which was nice & really yummy drinks!! The water was a-maz-ing!!! So calm & the perfect temp, I could have stayed forever!!! [emoji2]

If you are interested in a tour through Real Tours Jamaica they have different options & they were very good. They have a website you can check out. Just be warned that if you call them it's like $5 per minute (or at least that's what it cost me...yikes!)

Have fun!!! [emoji2]

We'll be in Montego Bay in December and are going to Doctor's Cave beach. Did you encounter any vendors inside the beach area? Are there any shopping areas outside the beach that are close enough to walk?

Thanks for the info, I found on Trip advisor that there are many who come into Doctors beach to try and sell their items including smoke. We are undecided between Doctors and Red Strip, but are leaning towards Red Stripe because its only 10min from the port and much more controlled and keeping unwanted sales people out...i.e. smoke etc.

We'll be in Montego Bay in December and are going to Doctor's Cave beach. Did you encounter any vendors inside the beach area? Are there any shopping areas outside the beach that are close enough to walk?

I didn't encounter any vendors & we were there for a few hours. When I was floating in the water there was a guy that tried to call me over to him - pretty sure he wanted to sell me pot - but I just shook my head & said no & went back to enjoying the water. I didn't venture outside the beach area so I don't know about shops. I think I saw a shop at the beach area near the bar but didn't go in. We did stop at a little shop on our way to the beach & bought some t-shirts & a dress but it was a little ways away. There are of course a bunch of shops at the port area but they're not the small shops & are more the commercial shops like margaritaville

Thanks for the info, I found on Trip advisor that there are many who come into Doctors beach to try and sell their items including smoke. We are undecided between Doctors and Red Strip, but are leaning towards Red Stripe because its only 10min from the port and much more controlled and keeping unwanted sales people out...i.e. smoke etc.

Maybe it depends on when you go to Doctors Cave? It wasn't very crowded at all the day I was there. As I mentioned in my last post there was one guy that tried to call me over to him & I think wanted to sell me something but other than that nothing. I haven't been to Red Stripe so I can't comment on it but I really liked Doctors Cave & would definitely go back again if I had the chance. Whatever you end up doing I hope you have a great time!!