where to leave scooter at dockyard in bermuda?

searoses

anyone park their scooter at the royal dockyard? i see the rental road scooter lot there and wondered. i may rent a scooter for the ship and getting to the taxi stand but then what? thanks....

Not familiar with lot in your post. However if you have never rented a mobity scooter before you need to understand that the key/lock is not unique to scooter you're using. They're not like car keys. .All the locks are keyed the same within a specific model range. For example, the key for my Pride Go Go Elite Traveler scooter can operate any Pride Go Go Elite Traveler scooter. Also keys can be easily purchased on the internet for $4 so you can't be certain that by removing the key you have that no one will ride off with it.

Additionally if you rent a portable scooter such the Pride GoGo as prevously mentioned it can be dissassembled into 4-5 pieces in under 1 minute. There by making it very easy for someone to steal without having a key. Also it only weighs about 96 LBS . Because you will be renting the scooter , per the rental agreement, if it's stolen you are responsible to the rental company for the full replacemant value. Which can be costly .

Personally I would never just park the scooter anywhere unattended for any length of time. If you are planning to rent one of the portable scooters , they disassemble quite easy and it will fit in the trunk of the taxi so you can take it with you. Here's the link to show how easily it breaks down to fit in a trunk. http://www.pridemobility.com/gogo/video/gogo_Elite_disassembly.html

Archived