Hike from Fira to Oia

njsunseeker

Has anyone done the hike from Fira to Oia? I think that I would enjoy this much more than sitting in a bus or car. I am thinking hike one way and then take the bus back down to Fira. Most posts I read said it takes about 3 hours and the views are spectacular.

Has anyone done the hike from Fira to Oia? I think that I would enjoy this much more than sitting in a bus or car. I am thinking hike one way and then take the bus back down to Fira. Most posts I read said it takes about 3 hours and the views are spectacular.

There are numerous posts on this subject. Simply type in the search box "walk from Fira to Oia".

We were in Santorini on Tuesday and had a very unpleasant encounter with a stray dog who followed us around everywhere. We tried to get rid of her by going into a supermarket and a bakery, but but she just waited outside and continued to follow us as soon as we got back outside. The kids were terrified.

Once we were back in the main touris area, we managed to hide in a church for about 20 minutes till the dog was finally gone. It was a big relief to be back on the ship. We would not attempt to leave the main tourist areas by foot again.

My husband I did this 3 years ago. We happened to bump into another couple from our cruise, and did most of the hike with them. It did take about 3 hours. It was actually pretty tiring, because it was more hilly than we expected. My feet were hurting the next day. But I don't regret it! We went in summer and we wore shorts and t-shirts. It was hot and sunny - there was no shade. In case you're wondering, my husband and I are in our mid-thirties and the other couple I guess were around 50.