Advice needed - not cruise related

Apologies, this is not cruise related, but you are wise people and i am seeking advice.

I was booking a family holiday last week, my wife and I and our daughter and her partner. I also had another window open as i was booking for my son and his partner who need to travel on a different date.

As you can imagine i was a bit frantic trying to balance between the two windows as i was trying to ensure we were all in the same hotel.

The price was advertised on the first choice website at £470 pp (for 4 people), when i had completed the booking, they had actually charged me £571 each, i must admit that i failed to keep an eye on the totals as i was juggling the other booking.

I thought i must have dreamed the price so i went back to the website and they were still advertising it at £470, so i took a screen print as proof.

When i approached first choice, they have fobbed me off and said it was my fault, the price had gone up whilst i was booking it and should have noticed it.

I've exchanged phone calls and emails, but i am getting nowhere, should i give up?

Any advice is welcome.

when i had completed the booking, they had actually charged me £571 each, i must admit that i failed to keep an eye on the totals as i was juggling the other booking.

I think the answer lies in your admission that you failed to note when clicking on the make payment booking button that the cost was more.

As Hudderfield Tourist says not a lot can be done as once you click payment, as that click is your payment at that time and prices do and can move .

A unfortunate oversight on your part and learning curve for next time to double check before making any payments .

Must be gutting for you ,I'd be kicking myself :(

Edited by kalos

so sorry to hear this...and i feel for you....I also often do likewise and book 2 bookings together with 2 windows open (we are usually 6 travelling) I have also learned (the hard way) that you need to double & triple check everything before hitting that enter button....I believe that when you have 2 windows open there can be a cookie conflict and information gets switched between the pages....often it doesn’t work at all

best way is to print off your bookings and then call a travel agent who will price match....its all a bit of a pain, I don’t think the ta/company involved will do anything much to rectify… you have my sympathies

sadly that article does not represent the legal situation correctly and it may be worth noting that it was written by someone with a degree but not a qualified solicitor.

Thanks for all your replies, apologies for not posting sooner, I have been away on business this week in sunny Aberdeen :)

Answers are as I thought, I will have to bite the bullet and accept the price paid.......lesson learnt.

Sad thing is, I would have paid the price they eventually charged, it just leaves a sour taste and I feel cheated somehow.

Anyway, as I say lessons learned.

Thanks everyone.