Walking to Pier 66 in Seattle from hotel

Floridanamaw

We are booked at the Inn At The Market in Seattle prior to our cruise next month. I picked this hotel because it's about 1/2 mile from the cruise terminal we will be using and it was a cheaper than some of the other ones close to Pier 66 for the Jewel. Has anyone walked from the hotel to the pier and if so what is the best route? I searched directions on google maps and have gotten three different routes. The longest is only a 10 minute walk. I'm thinking we will just follow other people that are walking with suitcases and hope they are going to Pier 66! Has anyone walked this? Thanks.

The Pike Place Market (and the Inn) are on a bluff above the harbor. You've got to get down the hill, then across under the viaduct, after which you have roughly a half mile walk up the street to the Cruise Terminal.

Not sure how much luggage you'll be toting, but a taxi from the hotel to the pier wouldn't be expensive and might be easier. Alternatively, have you inquired with the hotel if they have a van that could shuttle you to the pier?

I know for a fact the hotel does not offer a shuttle. We will be there a full day early so I might just check the walk out and see what we think. I'm sure I can get a taxi at the hotel. I think we will only have one big wheeled suitcase each with a small carry one type duffle bag for each of us. It's really hard looking at google maps even showing satellite view and tell how the terrain is. I'll keep the taxi in mind.

I know for a fact the hotel does not offer a shuttle. We will be there a full day early so I might just check the walk out and see what we think. I'm sure I can get a taxi at the hotel. I think we will only have one big wheeled suitcase each with a small carry one type duffle bag for each of us. It's really hard looking at google maps even showing satellite view and tell how the terrain is. I'll keep the taxi in mind.

Well, working in your favor going to the pier is the fact that it's down hill from the market to the waterfront. If you've got a light luggage load and enjoy walking then I don't know why you couldn't do it.

It's been a while since I was at the market, but I seem to recall an elevator tucked away somewhere in the market that connected to a parking lot down below? Maybe a Seattle native can help out on that one.

We stayed at the Marriott Waterfront (across from Pier 66)... the elevator is at the end of the Marriott property. You can walk down Pike Pl to Lenora St, down the hill to the top of the elevator....down to Alaskan Way. I agree with Video Tech...it's all downhill.

We stayed at the Marriott Waterfront (across from Pier 66)... the elevator is at the end of the Marriott property. You can walk down Pike Pl to Lenora St, down the hill to the top of the elevator....down to Alaskan Way. I agree with Video Tech...it's all downhill.
How did you like the Marriott? :)

The Inn at the Market is wonderful! The roof top terrace has awesome views of the Market, the Wheel, ferries coming in, and across the sound to the Olympics. Comfy beds, helpful staff. We sat out there for day AND night views.

I've walked FROM the pier TO the Market but not the other way around. TO the Market is easy to find, altho the last block is a bit of a climb. Sorry I can't tell you the cross streets; I'm thinking Western to Lenora, but the hotel staff will be able to tell you. Or call the Marriott !

The Market gets mobbed after 11am so I'd suggest doing other sightseeing the day you arrive, then visit the Market on the morning you sail, like 9-11am. This will give you an opportunity to check the route! Pick up a bouquet for your room then walk back to the hotel, collect your bags and go the pier. ( or a cab is only $10 to just about anywhere downtown).

You can check out at 9am and the desk will hold your bags for the day.

Have a great trip!

The best I can tell looking at google map in the satellite mode is that if we walk out of the hotel and walk toward Pikes Market there is a building there that we walk through and out the other side and then follow a walkway toward Western Ave and then to Elliot Bay Trail and hang a right. About a 10 minute walk. If it's all downhill then maybe it won't be too hard. :)

How did you like the Marriott? :)

We stayed at this Marriott when we disembarked and the porter from the cruise terminal just put our luggage on a cart and walked it across the street - it's that close! The hotel is beautiful, with a Chihuly glass sculpture in the lobby. Many rooms have a view of Pier 66. There was (last there in 2007) a great fish & chips place, I think it was Ivan's (famous for the clam chowder) that was easily walkable. We ate dinner there and watched our ship sail off with new passengers.

We stayed at this Marriott when we disembarked and the porter from the cruise terminal just put our luggage on a cart and walked it across the street - it's that close! The hotel is beautiful, with a Chihuly glass sculpture in the lobby. Many rooms have a view of Pier 66. There was (last there in 2007) a great fish & chips place, I think it was Ivan's (famous for the clam chowder) that was easily walkable. We ate dinner there and watched our ship sail off with new passengers.

Actually, it's Ivar's. :)

(I normally don't correct spelling errors, but thought it best to point out the correct name in case anyone tries looking for it.)