civ to rome train/ handicap?

autumn wind

Unfortunately, the answer is yes and no. I just checked the train schedule for tomorrow morning, as an example, and some of the trains have the handicap symbol, some don't. I thought perhaps it was related to the class of train, but that's not the case. Some of the regional trains are accessible, some not.

to add to euro_cruiser's excellent response ....

The last time I was traveling in Italy with a person with mobility limitations we found that the scheduled equipment (i.e., whether handicap accessible or not) did not always match reality.

Perhaps they have improved in this, but do not be surprised if a train listed as accessible really ain't.

The commuter type trains are handicapped accessible. The older style regional trains are not.

Probably best to deal with somebody at Termini ticket office to determine which trains terminate in Civitavecchia on binario (track) 1 since there are still no lifts in Civitavecchia in the underground passages. If the train terminates on binario 5, you can arrange for the station master to have somebody wheel the individual across the tracks.

Archived