Shopping Questions

Honeymoon2010

We are taking the Grand Princess--I have only ever been on Caribbean cruises where general shopping (souvenirs, etc.) is pretty much all over and does not need to be sought out. However, I am seeing all sorts of threads here about taking particular shuttles or taxis for shopping. So, is there generally tourist type shopping near ports, excursion locations, etc. or will I need to plan ahead to make a particular trip? Is one port better than others for this?

We are taking the Grand Princess--I have only ever been on Caribbean cruises where general shopping (souvenirs, etc.) is pretty much all over and does not need to be sought out. However, I am seeing all sorts of threads here about taking particular shuttles or taxis for shopping. So, is there generally tourist type shopping near ports, excursion locations, etc. or will I need to plan ahead to make a particular trip? Is one port better than others for this?

Shopping: There will be free shuttles at each port that will take you to Walmart, Maui Divers, and Hilo Hattie.

Hilo port: Mostly industrial. No shops, or restaurants, but often times a few vendors are allowed inside the port area. There will be local excursions available at the port. You'll have to take one of the free shuttles or take a taxi, join an excursion, or take the local bus.

Kauai port: There is a shopping area within walking distance of Nawiliwili. There is a free shuttle if you have difficulty walking. Again, the port itself is mostly industrial. There will be local excursions available at the port.

Maui port: You will be tendering to Lahaina. This beautiful seaside town is great for walking, shopping, drinking, eating, and visiting museums. There will be local excursions available at the port.

Honolulu port: You will dock at either the Aloha Marketplace or Pier 2. The Aloha Marketplace is a shopping area. Pier 2 is essentially a vacant building. For shopping, perhaps you can visit the Waikiki area full of shops, Ala Moana Mall, or downtown Honolulu.

I am not really sure what you are looking to purchase but planning is the key. Happy sailing and Aloha. :)