Seavis Sanoa Boat & Motion Sickness

brianosaur

I am very interested in the tour, however my DW tends to get motion sickness in small boats.

She is usually fine while onboard cruise ships, but just barely tolerates tenders when we've been on them. She can't stand waiting for all the tender passengers to board because these small boats just bob up and down for 15-20 mins while everyone boards, so we always wait until we can be the last to get on. While underway there is usually no problem with motion sickness.

Anyway, the Seavis Tour page says they stop to look at some rocks and then again at mangroves before landing at Sanoa. This 'stopping' is the part that worries her. Do you get off the boats here or do they just stop and look. If so how long to they bob up & down at each of these areas?

Of course she will do the bands, bonine & ginger but she is still a bit apprehensive.

I am very interested in the tour, however my DW tends to get motion sickness in small boats.

She is usually fine while onboard cruise ships, but just barely tolerates tenders when we've been on them. She can't stand waiting for all the tender passengers to board because these small boats just bob up and down for 15-20 mins while everyone boards, so we always wait until we can be the last to get on. While underway there is usually no problem with motion sickness.

Anyway, the Seavis Tour page says they stop to look at some rocks and then again at mangroves before landing at Sanoa. This 'stopping' is the part that worries her. Do you get off the boats here or do they just stop and look. If so how long to they bob up & down at each of these areas?

Of course she will do the bands, bonine & ginger but she is still a bit apprehensive.

My DD gets very bad motion sickness on small boats and winding roads. She does much better on catamarans than on other small boats. If this trip is not on a catamaran I would suggest looking into one that has a catamaran. Sanoa island looks beautiful, peaceful and deserted how far is it from mainland Dominican Republic?

Edit: just looked it up myself. Close to the mainland DR but no hotels or homes but it sure sounds popular with tour groups and tourists. Not sure how and when they got those beautiful shots of this place without a person in sight. :)

Edited by Karysa

No worries, we felt very little motion as the boats tend to ride pretty flat. There can be waves and some motion up and down of course depending on sea conditions. But you're very low to the water so minimal effect. You do go fairly fast so speed is more a factor than motion.

Regarding the stop at the Natural Pool (where the starfish are) you can step out of the boat and enjoy some rum drinks while seeing the starfish. It's easy to get out and back in and the staff can assist too.

Getting in and out at Bayahibe and Saona is very easy.

Excellent excursion, we loved our day with Seavis!

Edited by blue_water

Buy Gravol it's only a couple bucks and over the counter. It's a motion sickness pill and will be perfect for your daughter.

Been to DR many times at AI's and Saona multiple times. Seavis caters to small groups. Around 20 people on a boat. They also stay away from large group tours.

The large tours use a boat one way then a catamaran the other.