HELP- Magic Vs. Sunshine- Gaurenteed Oceanview 36-Hour Halloween Sale

MrBanana1240

I was just browsing and I saw this huge sale, and I think it's finally my time to try a newer ship, and head back to the Western Caribbean !:D

The 7 night on Sunshine goes to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Costa Maya from PC, Saturday to Saturday.

The 7 night on Magic goes to Cozumel, Belize and Roatan from Galveston, Sunday to Sunday.

I know the flights to MCO from BWI on Southwest are cheaper than the flights to HOU from BWI. Also, since it's the week before Easter, the flights are annoying, and I have had cheaper ones coming back the Saturday before Easter, rather than on Easter. For $1280 on Magic I can choose the obstructed room that I like, or have them choose a full oceanview for $1152. On SUnshine, i can chooe my obstructed one for $1550 (not happening) or they can choose an oceanview for me for $1212. Thoughts?

Next, It's much cheaper to get a gaurenteed oceanview than to choose, and I want to try it out. Can anyone speak from past experience? What ype do you get? We usually get the obstructed one, but I don't want to chance not getting it if I get the gaurenteed interior. So I want to stick with the Oceanview. Has anyone had good luck, or bad luck? How far ahead do you know where your room is?

Thanks for any advice anyne can give on the itinerary, ship, and/or gaurenteed cabin. I appreciate it. Have a good day, and make sure you check out the Halloween Sale if you've been debating a cruise for a while!! :D

Edited by MrBanana1240

We really like the Magic and that particular itinary. I don't know the Sunshine. We have sailed on the Conquest and enjoyed it too but prefer the Magic.

Don't know what to say about flights. We drive to Galveston.

Good sales right now. Whatever you do will be fun.

Thanks for the help!

Sorry I couldn't answer more of your specific questions. I haven't booked with a guaranteed rate and we prefer balcony cabins.

I really think you'll be so happy to be cruising that nothing else will matter. I am a very old woman and have lived long enough to know it's true that you will regret things you didn't do more than the things you did.

Happy cruising.