Fabulous photos of Carnival Spirit cruise

MrCruising68

I just got back from my first cruise with Carnival - Carnival Spirit - and had a fabulous time. Will definitely cruise on a Carnival Fun Ship again.

Anyway, I'm a photographer by trade and thought I'd share some of the photos I took on the cruise (cruises and cruise ships are SO visual!).

DSC_0995.jpg

Carnival Spirit moored at Mare, New Caledonia

DSC_0092.jpg

The Atrium with glass lifts, left, and large mural, right.

DSC_0084.jpg

GREEN THUNDER! Three seconds from the top to the bottom and, for a fraction of a second, you whiz out over the edge of the ship. Of course, you don't know if you're up or down when this happens and have no idea where you are!

DSC_0151.jpg

Empire Restaurant (main dining room)

DSC_0229.jpg

Attempt at the Biggest Boot Camp at Sea (Shannan Ponton from The Biggest Loser was on our cruise and in charge of this little 'get together')

DSC_0322.jpg

Sunrise over the Coral Sea

If you'd love to see more fantastic photos, as well as tons of info about this fabulous ship, then have a look at the review/overview I wrote - http://cometravellingwithus.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/carnival-spirit-cruise-august-2014.html

Bon Voyage!

What vivid photos! While my "family album" snapshots pale (pun intended) by comparison, some day if you are bored you might check it out to see how it was to be aboard the ship as the Spirit made it's initial voyage to Sydney, please feel free to skip the typical vacation pictures. We'll never forget the awe inspiring entrance to Sydney harbor, nor the fact that the restaurant manager had never in his 20 year history with Carnival run out of beer until about half way through this cruise!

8117353823_70858f4447_b.jpg

8117394598_5821fa43fd_b.jpg

The cruise from Hawaii to Sydney

Thanks chocolate melting cake - glad you liked my photos.

Looking through your photos and I see we did a similar route on our first cruise (Radiance of the Seas), where we left Hawaii, stopped off at French Polynesia, then NZ and Sydney.

Your 'running out of beer' comment made me laugh. Radiance was going to Australia for the first time and was packed full of Aussies and the ship nearly ran out of Bundaberg Rum. Then on our Voyager of the Seas cruise from Singapore to Fremantle (Western Australia), also its first time to Australia and was packed to the rafters with Aussies, they ran out of beer (VB).

I don't want to say that Aussies like a drink but this doesn't do our reputation any good!

Edited by MrCruising68

• 1 month later...

Just read your blog......thank you so much for all your time and effort wen are off on our first cruise in 3 weeks been looking for review n highlights....it's amazing and the best " just back" report I have ever reading......so helpful answered every ? I've ever had...awesome awesome...thank u