Comfort Suites North Miami

vdarrell

We are trying to finalize our cruise plans and need help on hotel info

We are looking at Comfort Suites North Miami and have wondered if you have stayed here if you would answer a few questions

1. aprox cost

2. places to eat within short walking distance ...names of places please

3. a store or mart to purchase soda/water for cruise within short waking distance

4.How did you like the shuttle service from airport and to cruise ship

5.over all info on hotel

6. pics if you have them from your stay

Thank you any info greatly appreciated

We are trying to finalize our cruise plans and need help on hotel info

We are looking at Comfort Suites North Miami and have wondered if you have stayed here if you would answer a few questions

1. aprox cost

2. places to eat within short walking distance ...names of places please

3. a store or mart to purchase soda/water for cruise within short waking distance

4.How did you like the shuttle service from airport and to cruise ship

5.over all info on hotel

6. pics if you have them from your stay

Thank you any info greatly appreciated

This should be the one in Miami Springs. I've stayed here twice so far and am booked again for April & September of this yesr - so you can tell I like it.

Can't remember price but it was very reasonable.

There is a Subway about a block away - I usually go there to pick up a hoagie to take back to the room. There is also a McDonalds but on the other side of the highway and maybe a block further away. I think there might be a few other restaurants a short distance away.

There is a little gas station type store about 1/4 block away (on the way to Subway) that has snacks, soda and even makes some sandwiches to go.

Shuttle service is great - you sign up at the desk when you check in. They do try to sell you return shuttle service (to hotel or airports) but aren't high pressure = I just tell them I have a friend picking me up (actually she sails with me and parks at the port).

Free breakfast is a plus-nothing super great but enough to hold you over to lunch on the ship.

Rooms are nice, clean - higher floor is better (stayed on 5 last time and had the best night's sleep). Had an issue with parking lot (from another hotel I think- spotlight shining in my window when I was on 2.

Sorry - no pics.

Hope this helps.

Edited by 4FRCruising

Here is what I posted on tripadvisor in October 2012 for the Comfort Suites Miami Port North Miami Springs:

We booked a night’s stay at this Comfort Suites as a place to stay before our cruise on a Carnival ship sailing out of Miami the next day. We found that they offered a free shuttle from the airport to their location and also to the Miami cruise port which we thought would be a time saver.

When we landed at the Miami Airport and had our luggage, we called the hotel for a shuttle. It arrived about 10 minutes later and we left for the hotel. All together, it was 45 minutes from the time we landed to the time we checked into the hotel.

We had a deluxe queen suite with 2 queen beds and plenty of space in a room of 486 square feet. Our rate was $129 for the night and included a hot buffet breakfast in the morning.

Besides the two beds, there was a couch that had a fold out bed. There was a nice cushioned chair and a office type chair at the desk.

There was a large screen HD TV, a microwave, and fridge.

It is not in the most scenic area being located on the edge of the airport, but it served the purpose for a one night stay. From our 4th floor room (425), we could see parts of the airport runway and terminal areas. For plane spotters, it was a great location. The walls and windows were well insulated, so all you could hear was a low rumble of jets on take offs.

Across the street was a Valero gas station with beer, soda, and water along with snack foods.

For dinner, we had a few options there within a few blocks of the hotel. There was a sports pub, a Honduran restaurant, a Peruvian restaurant, and a diner called the Airport Diner. We chose the diner and had a very nice meal there.

The mattresses were a little softer than what we prefer.

The hotel had a small pool that was 5 feet deep at one end. There was a small fitness room with a few pieces of workout equipment.

For the breakfast buffet, they had simple fare. We saw pastries, toast, bagels, fruit, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, oatmeal, cereals, and they had a waffle maker. They offered coffee, tea, orange juice, and apple juice.

They had a shuttle to take us to the cruise port that left at 10:45am for the 15 minute ride.

We were pleased with our stay here.

If we were to come back for another cruise out of Miami, we would not hesitate going back to this Comfort Suites.

Here is a link to my review which has photos posted:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34443-d2151519-r144013791-Comfort_Suites_Miami_Airport_North-Miami_Springs_Florida.html

We stayed there twice (sorry, not pictures - you can see these on Tripadvisor) and will stay there again in July.

Can't beat the price for a new hotel with all those freebies (free airport + cruise port shuttle, breakfast, wifi, parking).

For a pre-cruise hotel it fits the bill perfectly.

No shopping or restaurants in the immediate area, but if it's only for your pre-cruise stay you won't miss these.

There were some posts here 2-3 months ago about crime in the immediate area of the hotel - as always when travelling, it pays to keep your eyes open to the surroundings and situation.

Compare this hotel to other budget MIA area options that offer airport and port shuttles - La Quinta East is the most often suggested in that category. Good luck! :)

This should be the one in Miami Springs. I've stayed here twice so far and am booked again for April & September of this yesr - so you can tell I like it.

Can't remember price but it was very reasonable.

There is a Subway about a block away - I usually go there to pick up a hoagie to take back to the room. There is also a McDonalds but on the other side of the highway and maybe a block further away. I think there might be a few other restaurants a short distance away.

There is a little gas station type store about 1/4 block away (on the way to Subway) that has snacks, soda and even makes some sandwiches to go.

Shuttle service is great - you sign up at the desk when you check in. They do try to sell you return shuttle service (to hotel or airports) but aren't high pressure = I just tell them I have a friend picking me up (actually she sails with me and parks at the port).

Free breakfast is a plus-nothing super great but enough to hold you over to lunch on the ship.

Rooms are nice, clean - higher floor is better (stayed on 5 last time and had the best night's sleep). Had an issue with parking lot (from another hotel I think- spotlight shining in my window when I was on 2.

Sorry - no pics.

Hope this helps.

Thank you think this will be our choice only need for the day before a cruise and as long as I can walk to get water/soda and a sandwich for dinner we will be ok.

There were some posts here 2-3 months ago about crime in the immediate area of the hotel - as always when travelling, it pays to keep your eyes open to the surroundings and situation.

Compare this hotel to other budget MIA area options that offer airport and port shuttles - La Quinta East is the most often suggested in that category. Good luck! :)

Thanks for response and warning will travel out early in day only

.....We stayed at LaQuinta last October and it was horrible mold and smell everywhere and roaches not to mention elevator was not updated on permit and it was scary to ride in (yikes) and a very shady area no place to get supplies or to eat that you could walk to so looking for somewhere else and like I said we are not familiar with area and will not have car ...

We stayed there twice (sorry, not pictures - you can see these on Tripadvisor) and will stay there again in July.

Can't beat the price for a new hotel with all those freebies (free airport + cruise port shuttle, breakfast, wifi, parking).

For a pre-cruise hotel it fits the bill perfectly.

No shopping or restaurants in the immediate area, but if it's only for your pre-cruise stay you won't miss these.

thank you ...not there to shop or eat fancy meal just to get water/soda and a sandwich to hold us over for dinner so sounds like this might fit the bill :)

Have not stayed here before but have just recently booked this for one nights stay

Reasons are that we are a party of three and rooms have a couple of queen beds and the sofa bed as well so should be plenty of room. Pictures look good. Price is good as well.

Behind a motel we stayed at two years previously so know the immediate area.

Price for the Comfort Suites was £5 more and that included the continental breakfast.

Sportsbar down the road where we had a very large snack meal and several drinks in a fantastic atmosphere - it was St patricks day so you can imagine.

Breakfast the next morning was at the Ihop a little further down the road. This was because the motel we were at did not do breakfast.

Other plus points are the free shuttle from the airport and free shuttle to the port of Miami.

We stayed there for our conquest cruise last year. It was VERY reasonably priced and nice to have the shuttle pick us up at MIA and then bring us to the cruise ship. There were several times available to choose from.

Room was nice-- we had a nice balcony with chairs where we could watch planes land! We liked that.

Continental breakfast...um I didn't care for it but it's included!

Be aware of the hotel bar. SUPER expensive. Plus the drinks we had were not made very well.

I would definitely stay again!

Thanks when will you be there was wondering if you would let me know after your stay how it is ?

Enjoy your stay and trip

Just talked to them and booked got a discount using my AAA saved a little money.

We stayed there for our conquest cruise last year. It was VERY reasonably priced and nice to have the shuttle pick us up at MIA and then bring us to the cruise ship. There were several times available to choose from.

Room was nice-- we had a nice balcony with chairs where we could watch planes land! We liked that.

Continental breakfast...um I didn't care for it but it's included!

Be aware of the hotel bar. SUPER expensive. Plus the drinks we had were not made very well.

I would definitely stay again!

Thanks ......we aren't worried about the bar if hubby wants a beer he can get one from gas station across the way ....when we go to get water/soda

Do all the rooms have balconies that would be nice as hubby loves plane watching.

We just booked so appreciate all your help everyone

I don't know if they all do or not. We had a balcony with chairs. It didn't look like all the rooms had it so I'm not sure!!

thanks will have to put on my biggest smile when checking in :)

Do all the rooms have balconies that would be nice as hubby loves plane watching.

2 times I've stayed there my rooms did NOT have a balcony. Don't know about the next 2 times yet (will be there in April & Sept 2015) - but doesn't really matter to me.