How to get from Heathro to Harwich-Help

We will be arriving in Heathro around 11:00 pm on a Saturday. Does anyone know the route with the train? Does the train run all night long? I know we need to get to Liverpool Street to get the train. Also, any hotels reccommended in London under $150.00 with transportation to airport?

Can't wait for a trip of a lifetime. Thanks.

The last Heathrow Express train to central London leaves the central terminal area (serving Terminals 1, 2 and 3) at 2348 on Saturday evenings. This goes to London Paddington station. There is a later (and slower) Heathrow Connect train that departs for Paddington at 0006. If you are arriving at Terminals 4 or 5, different (earlier) last train times apply. See this page for details.

The last Piccadilly Line Tube for central London departs Terminals 1, 2 and 3 at 2348 on Saturdays. Again, different (earlier) last train times apply from Terminals 4 and 5. See this page for details.

Presumably you are going to stay overnight in London before going to Liverpool Street and Harwich the next day. There are virtually no hotels (whether at the airport or in central London) that have their own transport to the airport, partly because of distance and partly because hotel shuttles are not permitted in the central terminal area. The only exception that I know to this is that the on-airport Hilton at Terminal 4 has a shuttle to/from Terminal 5. Otherwise, you need to use public transport, a taxi, or the Hotel Hoppa shuttle bus service.

No. Even without the intervention of any engineering works, I think that the normal timetable has the last direct train leaving Liverpool Street at 2038 on Saturday evening, and the last connecting train leaving at 2230. The first train on Sunday morning is at 0802; you probably already know that during most of Sunday, you can't get a direct train to Harwich but have to change once.

A few months ago, I flew into Heathrow (in the afternoon). We had prearranged for Darren at Adelphi to pick us up & take us directly to Harwich. There were 3 of us; & the cost was 150 GBP (cash). He was waiting for us; & gave us a comfortable, enjoyable ride to Harwich. It is costly; but getting in so late & being jet lagged, I couldn't imagine trying to navigate train transfers w/ luggage. But that's just me. I would like to also recommend the Pier Hotel located directly on the old quay in "downtown" Harwich. The town is so tiny; & quaint. The Pier is is just a few miles by taxi to the cruise terminal. There were quite a few of our fellow cruise passengers staying there. We had charming accommodations; & several excellent meals. It was fun to stroll around the area.

http://www.adelphiexecutivehire.co.uk/p1.htm

Your request might get better responses if you posted on the British Isles thread.

Archived