intersted in a Tan Tan 1/2 day tour on 3/2/14?

kmo76

Hello All

My husband and I will be sailing on the celebrity Summit which stops in St. Croix on Sunday, 3/1/14. We want to do the Tqan tan half day tour, but don't want to have to pay for a third person. If there are 3 or more of us booked, then there is no extra charge. Is anyone thinking about touring with Tan tan on that day????

Thanks,

Karen

Hi. I am on your cruise. I was looking at Tan Tan Tours this morning, but they looked kind of long and expensive. However, maybe I just didn't look in the right place. How much would it be for 3 or 4 of us to do a half day tour? I might be interested as long as it's a half day tour and not very expensive. I have been debating whether to just do the port on my own or take a tour. Mostly I want to go to Christiansted and see the nicely restored fort and buildings there.

Have you signed up for the Roll Call? For the most part, the people signed up sound like they're going to do beachy things in most ports, but there may be at least a few people like me who are interested in sightseeing in St. Croix. I DO know that some people have made arrangements in other ports like Grenada (I think - or maybe it's St. Kitts).

The half day Tan Tan was going to be $240 for both my husband and I, so we decided it was more than we wanted to spend in one port. We do have a great 5 hour tour lined up for Grenada with sunsation tours if you would be interested in joing us for that. I want to say it's like $30 an hour for up to 4 people, and right now it's just my husband and I. We can have even more if we let them know ahead of time so they bring the right size vehicle...I think it's $5 more perperson over 4.

• 2 weeks later...

I just did the half day to the West End Tour last week in St. Croix. Below is a link to my review with many details and photos. The cost is $120 per person which we also thought was high. Luckily we had another couple sign up to go with us the week before the cruise so we didn't have to pay for a third person surcharge. The tidal pools are amazing! The highlight of my trip - and although our jeep did break down - they send another for us and remedied the situation. In hindsight, the $120/person is well worth it for getting to see and frolic in the tide pools - enjoy your cruise! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41632069#post41632069

I just did the half day to the West End Tour last week in St. Croix. Below is a link to my review with many details and photos. The cost is $120 per person which we also thought was high. Luckily we had another couple sign up to go with us the week before the cruise so we didn't have to pay for a third person surcharge. The tidal pools are amazing! The highlight of my trip - and although our jeep did break down - they send another for us and remedied the situation. In hindsight, the $120/person is well worth it for getting to see and frolic in the tide pools - enjoy your cruise! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41632069#post41632069

HeatherC430 - Thanks for the info - quick question - I see you were in St. Croix on a Sunday - were there alot of shops opened when you got back to port?

HeatherC430 - Thanks for the info - quick question - I see you were in St. Croix on a Sunday - were there alot of shops opened when you got back to port?

It seemed to be about half open, half closed. There were a reasonable amount of shops right at the end of the pier that were open so you should at least be able to do some shopping. Most of the shops had the same standard souvenirs of sorts. I will say, that there was a shop called "Franklin's on the Waterfront" that was on the street facing the water. This shop had so many cute things that weren't the standard junk you see in a lot of shops. I ended up buy a nickel plated serving dish in the shape of two seashells with matching spreader. It was alittle bit pricey, (compared to the other stores) but there were a ton of things I could have & wanted to buy in that shop. My DH & I ended up talking to the guy who owned the place for awhile while we were there telling them all about the tide pools. They said they've lived there for 7 years in St. Croix and never visited the tide pools! Check it out when you're in town. It's a great little shop!

Let me know if you have other questions.

That is funny! I'm surprised they're on Trip Advisor! It must be meant to be! It was probably the best shop (by FAR) that we were in the whole cruise - to the point where we immediately complimented them that we love the stuff in their store. It's a breath of fresh air to stumble upon a store that doesn't have the same dumb junk! lol I'll have to go there and post my review on Trip Advisor too (once I get caught up with all my Cruise Critic!). Enjoy!