Blues Cruise on Pearl Feb 2015

Sixthman are organising a Blues Cruise on the Pearl in February 2015.

My question is, do I need to book with them to see the Joe Bonamassa gigs onboard or will they be ticketed events only available to Sixthman bookings?

How do these type of cruises work? is it a theme cruise or a special charter?

Thanks for your help, I don't know how these things work.:confused:

Edited by tony@stanton19.freeserve.

IF it is a full charter, you do indeed have to book through sixthman as that sailing won't show on NCL's schedule.

IF it is a partial charter you would still need to book with sixthman as the performances are ONLY for those who paid to do the blues cruise. The venues will not be open to the general public on those types of sailings. A 'regular' passenger might be able to listen to an impromptu jam session if one happens to be in a public area.

Hope this helps :D

I checked out the pricing and it would be out of the question. They want $1200 x 3 for a mini for a four day cruise. Add on the cost of transatlantic flights and some pre/post cruise holiday and it's a no brainer. I can do a 10 day AI winter sun holiday forwell under half the cost with no jet lag. Thanks for the replies folks

I checked out the pricing and it would be out of the question. They want $1200 x 3 for a mini for a four day cruise. Add on the cost of transatlantic flights and some pre/post cruise holiday and it's a no brainer. I can do a 10 day AI winter sun holiday for well under half the cost with no jet lag.

Thanks for the replies folks.

The LRBC costs a bit less than the Joe Bonamossa blues cruise. However, still about 3x the cost of a comparable snooze cruise.

For anyone considering the LRBC, the October cruise on the Sun is sold out, as is the January cruise on the NA on HAL. It must be booked on the pre booking dates, or you won't get on board. It sells out immediately. Currently the pre book for January 2016 is in September 2014. On those who pre book or on the previous cruise will get on.

The music cruises are phenomenally popular, the cruise lines love those charters. All the cabins sold out months before sailing, folks who like to party and run up huge bar bills and spend $$.

If you are a true fan of the style of music (blues, jazz, R&B, oldies) and attend 2 or more concerts a year, then the full charter music cruises are a real value at 2 to 3 times the cost of a regular cruise...not only does the corporate cruise office love the charters, the onboard staff l(dining, cabin service, spa, shops guest service desk etc) loves them also, because the ship's schedule is based around the performance schedule ,which makes their job easier and a nice change of pace...the bar staff does get a workout for the week ;) and no guests go on these cruises to rest and enjoy their balcony ;)

Once you have been on one, going on a regular cruise is boring :eek:

The LRBC costs a bit less than the Joe Bonamossa blues cruise. However, still about 3x the cost of a comparable snooze cruise.

For anyone considering the LRBC, the October cruise on the Sun is sold out, as is the January cruise on the NA on HAL. It must be booked on the pre booking dates, or you won't get on board. It sells out immediately. Currently the pre book for January 2016 is in September 2014. On those who pre book or on the previous cruise will get on.

The music cruises are phenomenally popular, the cruise lines love those charters. All the cabins sold out months before sailing, folks who like to party and run up huge bar bills and spend $$.

That's what I thought, too. I'm not a particular fan of any type of music, in fact I like all types, but there's something special about listening to live blues and I reckon that this type of cruise would be a complete change and a different type of cruise experience. In fact it would be the type of cruise where we could go back to an inside cabin because you wouldn't be spending much time in it anyway. :D

However, as you say, being out there all the time would mean that we would run up an even bigger bar bill than we normally do and the Canaries All Inclusive is better value at the moment.

In 2016 we will both have retired and it will be easier to take a longer break in winter so the travel costs will be more acceptable as we can spend longer away.:cool:

Will definitely keep this type of thing ing in mind as I reckon it would be awesome.

Edited by tony@stanton19.freeserve.

Every year on my Capital Jazz Cruise there are large international groups that travel to cruise with us...you might do research for 2016 and become a part of a group that might save you $$$$$$ on airfares, cabins, hotels etc...I see you are from the UK and every year we have a Jazz Fusion group from England (Incognito, Brand New Heavies, Down To The Bone etc) and alot of their fans from the UK are onboard to support them...if you have a favorite artists or group, check their website to see if they will be performing on a charter cruise in 2016

Also, go online and sign up to receive the newsletters (and social media i.e. Facebook etc) from various music charters...that way you stay up to date in case there are specials....most music charters happen between October and March so you may be able to do B2B. Or combine a music charter cruise with a major land music festival

If you love all types of music you should really add the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival to your bucket list...spread out over two weekends (last weekend in April, first weekend in May) combined with a Mississippi River Cruise from New Orleans to Memphis and listen to live Blues