St. Thomas to St. John excursion

I was looking for an excursion company that has a trip from St. Thomas to St. John with a hike to Honeymoon Beach...Anyone have a good experience?

If not...My plan B.....The day we are in St. Thomas it is my understanding that there will be 7 cruises in port so VERY crowded..Anyone know of a less crowded secret beach??? Just to go to for the day?

Last time we went to Coki Beach and enjoyed it:)

Most ships offer the St John Eco Hike excursion that includes transport from your ship to St John with the hike to Honeymoon Beach starting from the dock.

If it's not offered by your ship, you would have to get to St John on your own.

If we told you all the secret beaches, they wouldn't be very secret, would they? :D Most cruise passengers want rental chairs, food and drink. If you can do without those, then John Brewer's Beach on the UVI campus might work. There actually are some local food trucks outside with beer and food, just not foo-foo drinks.

If we told you all the secret beaches, they wouldn't be very secret, would they? :D Most cruise passengers want rental chairs, food and drink. If you can do without those, then John Brewer's Beach on the UVI campus might work. There actually are some local food trucks outside with beer and food, just not foo-foo drinks.

And there you go, revealing a secret. Most of the "secret" beaches, Brewers included, are not as clean as other beaches and people bring their animals to those beaches. Last time I was at Brewers saw stray dogs that made me feel nervous.

I was looking for an excursion company that has a trip from St. Thomas to St. John with a hike to Honeymoon Beach...Anyone have a good experience?

If not...My plan B.....The day we are in St. Thomas it is my understanding that there will be 7 cruises in port so VERY crowded..Anyone know of a less crowded secret beach??? Just to go to for the day?

Last time we went to Coki Beach and enjoyed it:)

I did the Eco Hike in early February and loved it. We boarded a boat right next to the Breakaway along with other St John tours (Beach Break and a tour) at 1pm We were met by our Eco Tour guide Robb at the port and then did our 45 minute hike to the glorious Honeymoon Beach. We had about 30 minutes at the beach before he walked through Caneel Bay resort to our awaiting taxi which whisked us back to the port to meet the boat for the 45 minute ferry ride back to the port. We arrived back at about 5.20 for our 5:30 departure and security actually checked our ids as we got off the board onto the ship. I would highly recommend this excursion for a first time hike to St John. Another plus is that since it left at 1pm, we hd the morning to shop in the downtown. Now next time I go to St Thomas, I may actually take the taxi to the ferry to St John and do our own hike to the beach and back. Caneel Bay is a private resort and only allows their guest and Eco Tours access to the resort but one can hike there on the National Park trails right next to the ferry stop.