Boston Old Town Trolley Tours

salabc

we are calling Boston on sept 23 on the Caribbean Princess and for the time being we have booked the ship's tour Harvard, Lexington, Concord & Boston Highlights

on internet we found as possible alternative the tour company Old Town Trolley Tours

can anybody give their reference??

do you know how frequent are they passing?

thanks

My mom & I did the Old Town Trolley tours while visiting Boston this summer. It was a great hassle free way to see the city! We never waited more than 10-15 minutes for a trolley. They also make a stop that is 1 subway stop from Harvard so we visited that on our own also. It cost us $5 each for the subway trip to Harvard & backcto wherecthectrolley had dropped us off! It was all super easy & most of the guides that we had were great! We will actually be on the same cruise stop as you & we are contemplating doing this again! I hope this helps!

These two are not really "alternatives" to each other.

"Harvard, Lexington, Concord & Boston Highlights" is not what the Old Town Trolley covers.

This hop on-hop off trolley makes the in-town stops marked on this map:

http://www.trolleytours.com/boston/location-map.asp

From stop #13 in Kendall Sqaure near MIT, you could continue on the Red line subway to Harvard Square.

Lexington and Concord are suburbs, adjacent to each other, about 30 minutes from Boston, with many historic and literary sights. They are really not possible on your own unless you devote most of a day and/or probably rent a car.

I suspect the "Boston highlights" might then be a drive-by on the cruise line tour bus because of lack of time.

So you would have to decide if the suburban historic sights are important to you, or if you want to stay in Boston proper to see the sights there on your own on the trolley.

These two are not really "alternatives" to each other.

"Harvard, Lexington, Concord & Boston Highlights" is not what the Old Town Trolley covers.

This hop on-hop off trolley makes the in-town stops marked on this map:

http://www.trolleytours.com/boston/location-map.asp

From stop #13 in Kendall Sqaure near MIT, you could continue on the Red line subway to Harvard Square.

Lexington and Concord are suburbs, adjacent to each other, about 30 minutes from Boston, with many historic and literary sights. They are really not possible on your own unless you devote most of a day and/or probably rent a car.

I suspect the "Boston highlights" might then be a drive-by on the cruise line tour bus because of lack of time.

So you would have to decide if the suburban historic sights are important to you, or if you want to stay in Boston proper to see the sights there on your own on the trolley.

thanks very much so our dilemma would be if to see the old town or the historic suburbs

what to do???

My honest opinion:

You are traveling from Italy. Boston is only a port stop. I'd spend the day in Boston. If you enjoy it, plan a land trip when you can then tour the suburbs.

fully agree with you

Archived