Stuart Cove's Snorkeling

vermonter16

The snorkling excursion with the sharks that we did thru Stuart Coves was the best snorkling excursion we have ever done, and we have done plenty!!

Absolutly a wonderful experience!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there, when you sign up with these folks how do you meet up with them and do you do all the itineraries on their website? I really want to do the shark feed plus all the other snorkeling. How long are the boat rides? Thanks, any information would be appreciated...

vermonter16

CCL Miracle 10/04

RCCL AOS 2/04

CCL Pride 1/03

They have 2 daily trips, the early morning trip and the afternoon trip. The afternoon trip picks up infront of the customs building at noon and will get you back by 6. They take you to 2 regular snorkle stops before the shark stop. You also do about a 30 min boat ride so you can see parts of the island.

Snorkeled with Stuart's Cove trip last September while on HAL's Zuiderdam. Booked it thru HAL. It's ~5 1/2 hour excursion, so booking thru HAL removed timing concerns. It's a great experience and very popular. The boat may be crowded, but the snorkeling is so extraordinary that it's worth the inconveniences. Following is my review:

Nassau: “Snorkel Bahamas Adventure” is a 5-½ hour trip operated by Stuart’s Cove. This Stuart’s Cove outing surpassed all of my previous experiences. The boat trip is @ three hours, and visits Schoolhouse Reef, the spectacular Golden Key Reef and finally a “swim with the sharks” at ‘The Wreck of the Bahama Mama’. I have never before witnessed such a number and variety of fish as at Golden Key. There are never-ending fish, large and small, singly and in large schools. The floor is decorated with huge, magnificent coral formations of all shapes and sizes. While there, a shark cruised past our group. He obviously thought this was his ocean and didn’t know, nor care, that we weren’t scheduled for a shark encounter until after Golden Key. Surprisingly, getting in with a dozen or so sharks is not frightening. I suspect we were too caught up with their grace and magnificence to be scared. The fact that the boat captain hadn’t lost a diver in twelve years was also encouraging. This is a five star, gold medallion, prime trip, not to be missed!

Archived