post cruise tours?

repeater

We're going to be on a cruise this fall, ending up in Boston. Our flight leaves late that afternoon. We looked at the post-cruise tour offered by the cruise line, but it seems to 'drive past' and 'catch a glimpse of' places, not actually stop anywhere.

We'd like a tour that would take a few hours, wrangle our luggage, leave us at the airport, AND not cost overmuch. Any ideas?? We'll have a few days pre-cruise to explore Boston; we just want to see as much as we can while we're there! Suggestions, please??

I don't know of a tour, but we will be in the same situation as you and the City Water Taxi was recommended to me. They will take you from cruise terminal to The Marriot Long Wharf where they will store your luggage at no cost for the day. Later in the day we will take another Water Taxi to the airport. I hope this helps and I'll be interested to see if you get a better suggestion.

It could have been me that recommended the water taxi, but I would have recommended the Rowes Wharf Water Taxi. They have an all day pass for $25/pp and would pick you up at Black Falcon and take you to Rowes Wharf and later would take you from Rowes Wharf to Logan Airport. With a pass you could also use them to go to other places along the waterfront. I think this is a great deal.

Does Boston City Water Taxi offer something similar? I checked their web site and don't see anything mentioned about luggage storage, which is really the big problem post cruise. The only other place that you can store luggage in downtown Boston is the 5th floor of the bus station.

Archived