Arctic Affair 12th July any families with children?

Hi there,

Myself, hubby and son, (aged 8) are excitedly waiting for our first cruise ever on the 12th July on the Thomson Spirit. I am a little worried that my son won't have any friends to play with on this cruise!? I was wondering if there are any other families with children coming along.

We have never cruised before and wondered if any families have any tips for a smooth cruise!!

Kindest regards,

BB x

Hi there, we are on the Spirit with my 6 year old but not until August. The staff are fab with kids, the waiters always make a fuss over my little girl and everyone is so friendly :) There is always a good selection of food for them. Maybe take a puzzle book/DS with you at meal times to keep him occupied whilst he is waiting, or if you go to the evening shows. I can't comment on the kids club as we haven't used one yet but that would be worth a try if it's open on this cruise? The Spirit has a cinema so that could be worth checking out. There usually isn't much time for them to get bored, the days fly by! Have a great time xx

My 9 year old grandson loved the Spirit at Easter. He went to the excellently run Kids club and made many friends there and had a lot of fun. There were 65 3 to 12 year olds on board but it was school holidays. Normally there are nowhere near this number of children. He loved the cinema too and there were some good films showing on the TVs in the cabin.

We used the MDR and the Buffet but found the service very slow for a child in the MDR so he took his DS game but we found he often chatted away to the other adults on the table. One thing I didn't like was that on the first night the waiter gave him a kids menu without asking me. It had sausages, fish fingers, chicken nuggets and chips, etc but he would have been able to choose from the main menu without the temptation of the kid's menu. Just a warning! The Buffet was excellent for children and we didn't realise that there was a kids menu there until the end of the cruise so he had a huge variety of food to choose from.

He loved the time on shore too but was very keen to get back on board.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I had been thinking about the same thing. We are taking our 8 year old daughter so it will be nice for her to have someone her age. Just thought I would register to let you know. We are getting very excited. Probably see you on board at some point.

Hi Wizzbob have you checked out the Arctic Affair Roll call? A fair few folk have said hello and asked and answered questions. Those that want to are meeting at 2.30pm on Sunday 13th a sea day, meeting initially in the entrance to Horizons ...like you looking forward to the cruise very much, thermals at the ready! Jean

Hi Bilje, thank you so much for the information I will have to check out the roll call. It's our first cruise so very new to us. Most people choose warm destinations but not us. Thanks again.

Hi whizzbob,

That's great news! I've just told my son that there definitely someone of his age to play with!! I think there is a 9 year old girl too (on the "roll call" page).

We are just trying to make sure we've got plenty for Will (our son!) to do - just bought some more loom bands for him to make!

Can't wait to meet everyone! It's going to be brilliant!

See you on Saturday!

Bev

Hi Bev,

Lizzie was really pleased when I told her too. She loves loom bands so she's bringing hers too she got loads for her birthday so she will happily share them. She is so excited now, I think her friends are fed up of hearing about it!

Thanks Holiday ahoy, the photos look lovely we are so excited, spare camera battery and lots of memory cards at the ready. It will probably be the most use our camera has ever had!

Thanks again and looking forward to meeting everyone

Sam