POA Deck Four

EllieinNJ

I asked this question on the regular Norweigian forum but no one has answered. I got an upgrade to OV room 4108 from Inside cabin. Want to know if this deck is very noisy because restaurants are above and might have read somewhere that you can hear engines and anchor. Also, can anyone tell me if bed is under window or on the side with a couch. Both pictures were on the website.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't really tell you about the inside cabins on POA since we had a balcony cabin. if possible, I highly recommend getting a balcony for this cruise. It is neat to sit out on your balcony at night and in the morning and look at the islands. The deal we got on a balcony cabin will never be at that price again, but I still will do it.

I asked this question on the regular Norweigian forum but no one has answered. I got an upgrade to OV room 4108 from Inside cabin. Want to know if this deck is very noisy because restaurants are above and might have read somewhere that you can hear engines and anchor. Also, can anyone tell me if bed is under window or on the side with a couch. Both pictures were on the website.

I have not sailed on the POA (will be on in July). Just reviewed the deck plans. Your cabin seems to be below the edge of Jefferson's Bistro and the art gallery. The adjacent areas (not directly above you) are not marked - I would guess they might be galleys. If so, there might be noise early as they prep for breakfast.

I would expect you are close enough to the mechanicals that there could be some noise, but the cabin is almost mid-ship - I would expect more noise farther aft than your location from the engines. As far as anchors, the ship docks everywhere except Kona, so they should not use them but once. And, I've yet to see an anchor other than the bow of a ship - not even close to you.