Sensation's New Afts...

Just wondering if anyone has recently stayed in any of the new aft balconies on Carnival's Sensation??? We are sailing her again next month, and we are having lots of trouble finding any info regarding these new balconies.

Anyone have info for us???

I just got off the Sensation in May and had cabin U243. We loved the cabin, just a basic cabin but the balcony was the best part. On the upper deck the balcony was very private and big (deep wise). They are shaded and the cabins on the Empress deck can't look down on your balcony. We say the balconies on the sides of the ship and they are very small, the width of the room but the depth was just deep enough for a chair and knees. If we sail again on the Sensation we will definitely fork out the money again for the aft balcony. We spent alot of our time out there! Sorry I dont have any pictures, not a picture taking person but believe me I don't think you could be disappointed.

Mick

THanks, Mick!

THat's Good to hear! We, too, are on the Upper deck.

Hey, I'm wondering what you thought of the Sensation's "changes" overall. She was our first cruise a few years ago, and I'm anxious to see what the renovation was all about!

What changes did you notice??

I haven't been on the Sensation for several years but the waterworks on the back of the ship and the balconies added were the only thing I notices. I think all the Fantasy Class ships are about the same. They also have the Serenity Adult part in the back of the ship never did use it but looked nice and a nine hole mini golf on the sports deck. We did use that and had a good time! We laid out in the sun at waterworks park so when we got hot we could cool off in the water there. No pool just slides. They have also added the any time dining, we took advantage of that and thought it was wonderful to eat whenever we wanted and not have a set time.

Mick

We are sailing on July the 19th and are booked in U241 - I was nervous about this room but it sounds like from your post it was good - we too spend a lot of time on the balcony....was it very noisy and what type of furniture was on the balcony? I was worried about the noise from the motor.......

• 2 years later...

I recently saw a photo of cabin U243 that was taken in 2006 prior to the remodel that showed 2 twin size beds that were perpendicular to each other ... I am concerned that room is designed with two separate beds rather than one large bed for two. I am traveling with my significant other on 9/15/2011 and would like to share a bed. Can someone who has sailed since the remodel please provide their experience.

Thank you!!! Any additional feedback about the room would also be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived