Taxi from LeHavre to Honfluer?

coconutmonkey

Has anyone had any experience with getting a taxi tour roundtrip from LeHavre to Honfleur? Is this something that you need to prearrange a driver for or can you just get a taxi at the port to take you? There is a taxi company called radio taxi which offers 3 hours tours for up to 4 persons for 125 euros but I haven't had any replies to my emails. Has anyone dealt with them? Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We just got a taxi at the port and he took us to Honfleur and dropped us off. He gave us his contact number if we wanted him to come pick us up. We enjoyed the day wondering around the streets, eating at an outside cafe. When we were ready to return to the ship, we took the local bus and then walked back to the ship. Very easy, inexpensive and enjoyable day. We loved Honfleur, Very pretty.

Has anyone had any experience with getting a taxi tour roundtrip from LeHavre to Honfleur? Is this something that you need to prearrange a driver for or can you just get a taxi at the port to take you? There is a taxi company called radio taxi which offers 3 hours tours for up to 4 persons for 125 euros but I haven't had any replies to my emails. Has anyone dealt with them? Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

We just returned from a cruise with LeHavre as one of the ports. We were taking the train on our own to go to Rouen for the day. I can tell you that there were several but not that many cabs waiting at the dock but they all wanted to take people on tours not to just the local train station (that is understandable, we did finally get a ride) but my point is that there were only about 6 taxi's there and one person that was managing them and it did not seem very organized or fair. We saw a lot of people standing around and others that just went ahead of everybody and approached the cabs individually to haggle out a tour/fare.

• 3 weeks later...
We just got a taxi at the port and he took us to Honfleur and dropped us off. He gave us his contact number if we wanted him to come pick us up. We enjoyed the day wondering around the streets, eating at an outside cafe. When we were ready to return to the ship, we took the local bus and then walked back to the ship. Very easy, inexpensive and enjoyable day. We loved Honfleur, Very pretty.

Gail,

are you able to tell me how to get to the bus for Honfleur? is it far from the ship? Do they run regularly? We will be there two weeks today. Yeha!!

• 1 month later...