Balcony cabins on Queen Victoria

smileon

The balconies on deck 4 are larger and so are the "corner" balconies. On the flip side however, they are not as private.

The first seventeen staterooms on each side of deck 4 have metal fronted balconies.

Edited by Scrapnana

We just returned a couple of days ago from a 2 weeks Mediterranean cruise on QV and had a glass-fronted balcony on deck 4. It was wonderful. The balcony is a bit larger than those on higher decks (it sticks out farther by several inches), which means when you're up against the railing looking out, people on other decks can potentially see you. But, we didn't feel exposed when out on the balcony. We thought this was a fantastic cabin (4045). Directly behind the lift but we didn't hear it once. This was our first QV voyage, so I don't have other balcony cabins to compare it to- perhaps someone else can help you there. But, we thought the extra space on the deck 4 balcony was nice.

Yes, deck 4 is very good, but I would avoid the more forward cabins if you are prone to motion sickness. We like deck 7; very quiet as fewer rooms, Avoid deck 8, especially under the lido buffet as there have been posts in the past, re some noise irritation from above.

We are new to Cunard but looking to book a balcony cabin on QV - are there any prime locations, any cabins, balconies that are larger in size?

Thank you

If you don't have a particular preference you can sometimes get a good deal booking a guarantee. In 4 previous trips on Cunard we have done this and have been lucky enough to get 'good' cabins each time ie midships on middle decks.

We have booked the same for our next trip and are eagerly awaiting our allocation - it may sound silly but it's part of the fun for us. ...........

At the end of the day, as I read on here once, the worst Cunard cabin beats being at home anyway

Smileon, my husband reminded me that, as we were on the starboard side, which is the side that permits smoking (decks 3 and 9, from what we remember), very occasionally we could smell smoke on our balcony. It wasn't a huge or constant issue, but if you're sensitive to smoke, maybe ask for port side.