How long does it take from port to Nelson's?

momrules

If we go on local bus 17 - approximately how long does it take to get to Nelson's Dockyard? I read it could take an hour? Thanks.

Think it took us about 40/45 minutes really enjoyed the local Bus,

Took the public bus just last week. The actual "driving time" from the bus terminal to the dockyard was about 35-40 minutes. Now for the bad part, I waited on the bus about 40 minutes until it was full and when it was full then, and only then, did the bus depart from the terminal. In total it took 1 hour and 15-20 minutes from the time I got on the bus until I got off at the dockyard, which is the last exit.

On the positive side, I waited less than 5 minutes for the return bus back to the terminal in St.Johns.

A tip, try to get seats together next to the window or in back of the bus. On the bus I took to the dockyard, two rows of seat had extra fold down seats, which increased the capacity of each row from 2 to 3. Then at each stop, passengers sitting in the fold down seats had to get up and off the bus, those specific seats had to be folded up so as to make an aisle for the exiting passenger, the fold down seat occupants then had to return onto the bus and again create their seats...a time consuming practice! The return bus did not have these fold away seats.