Wonderful trip on the SS Mariner

oceanbug

We were recently on the Seven Seas Mariner (March 20th cruise) and found the cruise, staff and food wonderful. We are very particular with the

quality of food and the way it is presented and were not disappointed. I guess every passenger has their own opinion and we could not be happier. We booked a Nov. 20th cruise the day we returned for another Regent Seven Seas cruise based entirely on this last voyage. True the people were mature, however, we go on a cruise to spend quality time with each other, if we meet others so much the better; everyone was friendly. We found the staff to be very respectful and helpful. We never had to ask for anything twice. We never had faster room service, and we have been on many cruises. The only disappointment was the weather, and Regent has no control over this. I am sorry to read the chef had such an attitude, however I would have nip it in the bud during the cruise in a calm manor.

I hope this helps others planning to take the SS Mariner in the future, since I would not want them to miss a wonderful cruise.

PS I am in my 50's

We are scheduled to start our cruise on April 18th and after reading some of the comments, I was starting to get a little anxious to the point of considering calling off the trip. Thank you for the up beat posting.

Hi Oceanbug. I was on the same cruise with you . I was one of the dance hosts.

All the ladies we danced with were great, and they all got along. The older ones danced early. After the show the younger ones ( 50s ) came to dance after getting their parents back to their rooms.

Both dance hosts enjoyed it . The Cruise director and his staff never gave us an order except to get someone and dance when he was singing. Glad you had the same good time.

Eric

jandv124, I was reticent to post after the recent cruisers' reports who were on the same cruise as oceanbug. I do not question their opinions at all, and trust they are reporting as they saw things. Each of us has their own personal experience on a cruise. I even suggested that merryecho report her experience to corporate, and I think she will. I think you have to be on this board for awhile to realize there are many opinions posted here, some from recent cruisers, and others from past cruisers with varying experience over a long period of time, and others from TA's. Most of them rave about their experience on Regent. I felt bad for merry echo, because in my 16 cruises with Regent/Radisson, I have never had a bad experience like she reported, but I don't question her veracity. You will undoubtedly get a post on this board about "consistent inconsistencies". If you get on that ship waiting to find problems, you will find them, as you could with any ship (as I did with Silversea a couple of years ago, but by the end of my cruise I was fine with the total experience). I say get on with a positive attitude, and you will be fine! No cruise, no vacation is perfect.

We are scheduled to start our cruise on April 18th and after reading some of the comments, I was starting to get a little anxious to the point of considering calling off the trip. Thank you for the up beat posting.

We are on this cruise with you and can't wait. I'm about to pop I'm so excited. This is going to be a wonderful trip of a lifetime. Don't you dare even think of cancelling. We're gonna have a blast!!

Jo, I'm so glad you found this discussion amongst the others. If you go looking for a good time that's pretty sure to come as well. Personally, I'm looking for a good time. :D

We haven't personally cruised Radisson/Regent, but friends have and had a great time. The overall trend of comments on this and other boards is very good. Surveys and reviews here and elsewhere give RSSC and Mariner excellent marks. I'm a 33 year hospitality management veteran, I've worked the foodie side and the rooms side equally. Believe me, I'll be the first to raise a red flag if there's a significant shortfall.

There is a great difference between going on a cruise looking for a great time, making sure you have a great time despite hiccups and looking to find problems. There are all three flavors of cruisers and some which are a bit of each.

There is also a difference between discussing good and bad things and discussing ones holiday. Many of the discussions here are not about ones holiday, but about very specific things that we like or dislike or want improved or eliminated. For example, I don't think the past passenger program (good or bad) will have any effect on your cruise nor will an inappropriate chef's comments. I am sure you will keep it all in perspective.

I cruise on many different lines and have/will be on Regent for 3 years running. That says more than comments about what is purportedly thought. There are things which make you go WOW and things that make you shake your head. BUT I have never been on a bad cruise.

At the end of the day, it is what you make it. Information on this board is from a few with very different perspectives/goals. I wouldn't worry. Take it for what it is worth or not worth..and enjoy.

Hi everyone,

As a courtesy to the OP, lets be sure the topic of THIS thread is comments and posts regarding the experience of Oceanbug. Turning a positive thread to a single-minded negative thread can only have 1 result. Lets not go there! :)

Host Dan

Archived