Coral Princess - Self Serve Laundry

lucky cal

Would someone recently on Coral please answer the following questions about the self-serve laundry rooms:

1. Are they coin-operated or can you use your cruise card to pay?

2. Do the washers accept both liquid and powder detergent or are they limited to one kind?

3. Do you remember what brand of detergent they sell in the machines?

4. How long are the washer and dryer cycles?

5. Any tips on best days or times to avoid a long wait for machines?

Sorry ... I'm a little OCD when it comes to planning! Thanks.

I don't have all your answer, but hope this helps...

Would someone recently on Coral please answer the following questions about the self-serve laundry rooms:

1. Are they coin-operated or can you use your cruise card to pay?

Coin only

2. Do the washers accept both liquid and powder detergent or are they limited to one kind?

Either

3. Do you remember what brand of detergent they sell in the machines?

Usually Tide and All are in vending machine

4. How long are the washer and dryer cycles?

Each cycle depends on the settings....some ships have fully digital machines that tell you how many minutes....others are the old fashion and have a sign posted with estimated times

5. Any tips on best days or times to avoid a long wait for machines?

Sorry ... I'm a little OCD when it comes to planning! Thanks.

You must purchase a "coin" using your cruise card. It is $3.00 for either the washer or dryer. You are best off bringing from home the "detergent pods" rather than paying Princess prices. It is less than an hour for a load of wash and about an hour for the dryer. We used it on the Coral about mid-way on a 11 day cruise and it was completely empty. If you have a day when most people will be going ashore and you are not that would be an ideal time.

We were just on the Coral Princess (March 21-April1). On the Plaza Deck--the self-serve laundry ONLY accepts cruise card--you simply swipe your cruise card and select the # of tokens you need. Each token is $3.00 (same price for washer and dryer). As soon as you begin each cycle --it states the length for washing and drying--both were close to 40 minutes. As far as timing--I did ours on a port day AFTER our tour (mid-afternoon 2:00-4:00) and found two avail washers and dryers. Hope this info helps.

We were just on the Coral Princess (March 21-April1). On the Plaza Deck--the self-serve laundry ONLY accepts cruise card--you simply swipe your cruise card and select the # of tokens you need. Each token is $3.00 (same price for washer and dryer). As soon as you begin each cycle --it states the length for washing and drying--both were close to 40 minutes. As far as timing--I did ours on a port day AFTER our tour (mid-afternoon 2:00-4:00) and found two avail washers and dryers. Hope this info helps.

I wonder when they are switching all the ships to using the cruise card....been on 2 Princess ships since August that still used dollar bill changer.

Great information, everyone! Thank you.

Much as I hate the thought of doing laundry while on vacation, we'll be traveling for over two weeks so I think I will have no choice! At least now I know what to expect.