London airport transfer

tempus137

We will be cruising the Adriatic & Greek Isles next month. Our flight home from Venice includes a layover in London.

The problem is that the flight from Venice lands at Gatwick, but the flight to NYC leaves from Heathrow. We have plenty of time to make the transfer, but I'm wondering which is the best way - express bus, train, taxi or private car.

We will be cruising the Adriatic & Greek Isles next month. Our flight home from Venice includes a layover in London.

The problem is that the flight from Venice lands at Gatwick, but the flight to NYC leaves from Heathrow. We have plenty of time to make the transfer, but I'm wondering which is the best way - express bus, train, taxi or private car.

I would not use the train as there is no direct service.

The cost per person on the coach is £20 - £25. Assuming there are two of you, you could take a private hire car for much the same cost. I would order that in advance via the internet -- a traditional black cab from the taxi stand will be more expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is a regular coach service that you can pre book that also travels between both airports and will probably be the cheaper option.

If you do not like that option I would pre book a private taxi transfer it would definitely be cheaper maybe half as much than a black cab.