San Juan airport Taxi rate as of Jan 30, 2016

sysy007

Try this link (it's a PDF of the actual zone map provided by the Puerto Rico Tourism Company): http://santanataxi.webs.com/mapa-taxi-rates.jpg

All touris zone taxis are all white and are labled with this symbol:

san%20Juan%20to%20rio%20grande%20Puerto%20Rico%20taxi%20service.jpg

Most of them are passenger vans or mini vans although there are smaller cars and/or sedans. Fares are quoted for up to 5 passengers. Although some can carry up to 7 passengers (passenger vans only), there's an extra charge for that 6th and 7th passenger ($2 per extra passenger). It's all pretty straight forward.

Stinger,

I need some information on a taxi company to use 3 times while we are in San Juan.

Can you suggest one?

Thanks,

Jim jdeatsch at rochester dot rr dot com

There aren't really any taxi "companies" in the tourist area of San Juan/ Condado/Isla Verde/ airport. I really haven't heard of anyone outstanding but on the other hand, being local I've never really paid much attention to something like that. You might want to try the tour companies that are at the pier or you can ask the taxi dispatcher at the airport when you arrive to recommend a driver. Tell him what you need and expect. Even if he can't help you and you feel comfortable with the driver you got "by chance" at the airport, ask for his card.

• 8 months later...
I've looked at the taxi fares map, but I'm not sure where Royal Caribbean cruise ships come in on the map. I know it's not Old SJ. About how much would a taxi cost from where RCI dock to Old SJ? Thanks

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=303&faqSubjectId=331

RCCL ship docks at Pan American Pier.

We stayed at a hotel near Pan American Pier in Jan 2016. Taxi costed $14 to Old SJ.

I've looked at the taxi fares map, but I'm not sure where Royal Caribbean cruise ships come in on the map. I know it's not Old SJ. About how much would a taxi cost from where RCI dock to Old SJ? Thanks

Royal Caribbean cruises that originate in San Juan depart from the Pan Am pier. As to San Juan being a Royal port call, the Pan Am pier is the exception as I believe Old San Juan is where their ships dock most frequently...my 3 Royal port calls were in Old San Juan.

Stinger-pr - I haven't been able to find an answer to my questions anywhere can you help?

What would the base cost of a taxi from the airport to Avenida Universidad for 6 people? I understand that there is extra for bags and for coming into the airport late at night.

Thank you for your help.

Stinger-pr - I haven't been able to find an answer to my questions anywhere can you help?

What would the base cost of a taxi from the airport to Avenida Universidad for 6 people? I understand that there is extra for bags and for coming into the airport late at night.

Thank you for your help.

That is a bit more difficult question. All I can say is that it will cost you more than to the zone furthest from the airport. All trips to/from any of the standard tourist zones are metered, except for some of the nearby shopping malls. Base charge for metered rates is $1.75 and .10cents for each 1/19th of a mile. Luggage is $1 extra a piece and the late night extra charge is $1 and an extra $2 is added if over 5 passengers.