Golf Carts

GailnBrad

We are renting a golf cart next March from Bonaire Cruisers.

Debbie (Bonaire Cruisers) has been very helpful in our emails, including a brief summary of possible routes.

Here's a link to my website: Bonaire. I've included links, photos and comments I've found on the internet.

Here's what Debbie emailed about possible routes:

At the south part you find the slave huts, salt mountains, pink salt basins, kite beach, beautiful snorkeling at the salt pier but no sandy beach. Almost always sea turtles to see.

Lighthouse and the pekelmeer with the flamingos, and if you past all this you arrive at Sorobon. This is one of the best windsurf places in the world. The water is very shallow and a must see you can also have a good lunch over there. At jibe city, beach hut or Sorobon beach resort. 5 min driving from Sorobon you have lac baai restaurant. Here they have the best lunch from the island but only with reservation it's everyday fully booked.

On the way back to town you can pass the mangroves where you also can find flamingos.

Or you can pass the donkey sanctuary which you also can drive thru with the Golfcart.

The southpart takes about 1,5 hour nonstop.

From the south you come back in town where your ship is docked. You can also go back to the boat for lunch and go on again later.

Or go shopping for souvenirs in the main street or walk over the cruise market.

Upwards to the north you find spice beach club and coco beach. Also nice for lunch, sunbathing or stop for a drink. And this is my favorite snorkel place. If you drive further to the north you find the tourist way.... A long the coast. A nice road to drive. And beautiful snorkelplaces. At 1000 steps you can turn back. After 1000 steps you have to drive the whole north part. This takes about 3 hours. And you pass the goto meer after this you come in the oldest village Rincon. Where you can have the best local food at rose inn. Or stop at the Cadushy distillery for a drink.

Not sure which way we'll go. I need to do some research before our March cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...