Drake - a new question for taxi travel

SailingSal

We have visited St. Croix via Cruise ship 4 or 5 times. We are on a bcb cruise and will be in port on a Monday and again on Easter Sunday.

We have traveled across to Christiansted on the vans that are at the port as we leave the ship. We would prefer to use a taxi this time for the 4 of us - the vans are always packed and the ride in the back gets pretty bumpy:eek:

How much is a round trip by taxi? And we usually have lunch at the pub on the water front in Christiansted that sells their own micro-beer - but last time they had none! Is that usual? We hope to enjoy lunch there and a beer again this time.

Since we are going to be there on Easter Sunday, we thought we would celebrate mass at the church - can we walk from the pier - it does look very close.

Lastly - we have never been to Rainbow beach and were considering taking a taxi there after mass - is this a good idea since it will be a holiday?

Thanks for your help - always love to read your advice:)

We have visited St. Croix via Cruise ship 4 or 5 times. We are on a bcb cruise and will be in port on a Monday and again on Easter Sunday.

We have traveled across to Christiansted on the vans that are at the port as we leave the ship. We would prefer to use a taxi this time for the 4 of us - the vans are always packed and the ride in the back gets pretty bumpy:eek:

How much is a round trip by taxi? And we usually have lunch at the pub on the water front in Christiansted that sells their own micro-beer - but last time they had none! Is that usual? We hope to enjoy lunch there and a beer again this time.

Since we are going to be there on Easter Sunday, we thought we would celebrate mass at the church - can we walk from the pier - it does look very close.

Lastly - we have never been to Rainbow beach and were considering taking a taxi there after mass - is this a good idea since it will be a holiday?

Thanks for your help - always love to read your advice:)

Glad to hear you are coming back! I love returning visitors.

That taxi ride is about $50 one-way for 4 people, so figure $100 round trip.

The brewpub has gone downhill lately, lots of changes in staff and management. I would skip it, they haven't had any good beer in quite a while. Plenty of other great places on the boardwalk though, check out Angry Nates or Rumrunners for a great time.

There are three main churches in Frederiksted, all within walking distance. For Easter mass I would presume you are looking for St. Patrick's Church, that's about a 5 block walk. From the pier you would go 1 block south on the waterfront, then head about 4 blocks east along Market Street, it is a bit uphill but very walkable. The church will be on your left, you can't miss it.

Since there is a ship in town I'm sure Rhythms will be hopping, should be a good time.

I hope you enjoy your stops!

• 1 month later...

Drake,

We will be on the same trip as SailingSal. Adventure, arriving on Easter Sunday.

We have a kayak tour (5 adults) from Salt River Marina at 1pm. I have seen the taxi prices and I have seen what you were saying about the public bus.

Would this idea work, do you think? If we catch the bus in Fredriksted mid morning to get us to the tour by 1:00

Then we know we will need a taxi for the way back from the marina, since the tour doesn't end until approx. 3:30 and the ship leaves at 5:30.

But if we can do the bus one way, it would save some $$'s

TIA

Drake,

We will be on the same trip as SailingSal. Adventure, arriving on Easter Sunday.

We have a kayak tour (5 adults) from Salt River Marina at 1pm. I have seen the taxi prices and I have seen what you were saying about the public bus.

Would this idea work, do you think? If we catch the bus in Fredriksted mid morning to get us to the tour by 1:00

Then we know we will need a taxi for the way back from the marina, since the tour doesn't end until approx. 3:30 and the ship leaves at 5:30.

TIA

There won't be any public buses running on Easter Sunday, The only options will be Taxi Vans. For 5 adults figure $60 one way, but don't be afraid to try to make a deal for a lower rate.

• 5 months later...
Drake,

TIA

Curious to know who you are kayaking with...

I have a review on TripAdvisor about our experience there.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk