Character calls: What do they say?

WanderLit

Hello everyone.

I have cruised several times but this will be my first Disney experience.

I just booked (waaaaayyyyy in advance) a disney cruise for my granddaughter's 5th birthday. I'm working hard to do my very best fairy godmother act!

I would like the character call to be how she discovers that she is going on a Mickey Voyage.

What do the calls say? I want to keep it a secret until right before we go. What would you recommend is the best time to have Mickey call and let my little Sage-bunny know she's going on an adventure?

Thank you,

~WanderLit

I'm not sure exactly what it says. However, I would suggest setting up a call to have it call yourself....then you will know exactly what it says.

Clever! The website says you get 2 calls, so that would be perfect. One for me to hear what it says and the other for Sage on packing day!

Thank you Klstaack.

~WL

Ours was very generic. It was mickey and minnie talking about how excited they are that we were coming to visit them. It didn't say anything about an actual cruise. So the kids thought we were going to Disney World

I could be wrong, but when they called my mom, I believe she had to push a button to accept the call/start the message. So an adult might have to do that then pass the phone over to the child.

No thats the same as what is in the video I posted and why I posted the video so the OP knew how the call went.

brookeq had a different experience however?

Is there a DCL and WDW or DL call service anyone and maybe the call was mixed uo?

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

Clever! The website says you get 2 calls, so that would be perfect. One for me to hear what it says and the other for Sage on packing day!

Thank you Klstaack.

~WL

Hi, I clearly don't know your granddaughter, but make sure she's the type to be ok with , hey pack for a cruise tomorrow. We surprised my dd in Jan (though only three) and it was horrible. Never again will I surprise her that way. We'll tell her 2 weeks beforehand so she has time to adjust. It wasn't her first cruise either, so we didn't expect any issues.

• 2 weeks later...

My sister and I are both in our late-40's, no kids...and we are going on our second Disney cruise together. Since we get 2 character calls, I sent the first one to myself so i could hear what it would say, and then sent the second one to my sister. It was Goofy telling us he can't wait to see us on the cruise ship!

LOL!

My sister and I are both in our late-40's, no kids...and we are going on our second Disney cruise together. Since we get 2 character calls, I sent the first one to myself so i could hear what it would say, and then sent the second one to my sister. It was Goofy telling us he can't wait to see us on the cruise ship!

LOL!

Too cute!

I've listened to a few on YouTube and this is the kind of thing that will delight my Sage.

WL