Joni's horses

randolph

The ship will be in port from 7am-5pm. Joni's horses (Yukon horse adventures) excursion leaves port at 10:30am and is a 6 hour excursion.

That does not leave much time to see, shop, eat in Skagway. I have heard rave reviews for the trip. Go or not to go ?

That is if you want the lengthy excursion. I believe they pick you up in Skagway and bring you back. We rented a car and drove to Emerald Lake and went to Joni's. It was one of the highlights of the trip. The drive was spectacular. The most beautiful scenery I have ever seen. I don't think there is much to see in Skagway. We were back in plenty of time to stop in some of the shops. Joni was as good as everyone says. One of the best horseback riding trips I have ever been on.

We, too are trying to line this up for June of 06. I have an email into Joni asking about booking the horse trip with her. We are renting a car from Avis and are driving to Carcross. When I receive a response I will post and let you know answers to some of our questions. We have more time in port than you do randolph---5:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. It is one reason we decided to rent the car.

K.

When you book with SE tours, the price includes round trip transportation on a bus. I was hoping to also rent from Avis and avoid the crowd (and share the rental with another couple-split costs), and maybe save an extra hour in the process. SE tours list it as a 6 hour excursion.

>>Joni will not do bookings anymore - all through Se tours<<

I haven't talked to Joni in a while, but am willing to bet that she just won't book cruise ship people due to her deal with SE. If you just email her in January and ask to book a day, I think you'll find that it is accepted. All operators who deal with the ships are faced with the same problem of not being able to book ship passengers independently (most visibly, the White Pass railway).

Murray

In May 03 I booked the horse ride with Joni thru SE tours online. Don't remember if I mentioned to them that I was coming in on a cruise ship or not. She is a great lady and I really enjoyed the experience. We were tranported in a big van. On the way back the driver offered to stop any time we saw something we wanted to take a picture of or he would stop and tell us about the places we were seeing. This tour is well worth your money.

Nancy

We went through SE tours in Aug 05 and would recommend it. Joni was wonderful and had well kept horses. It was nice to have everyone be able to look out the window. The only drawback was that one couple had to get back for an earlier ship, so we did not stop as many times. But I did get some beautiful pictures!

A plus is the location: although it was raining and and miserable in Skagway, it was dry up at Joni's!

We went through SE tours in Aug 05 and would recommend it. Joni was wonderful and had well kept horses. It was nice to have everyone be able to look out the window. The only drawback was that one couple had to get back for an earlier ship, so we did not stop as many times. But I did get some beautiful pictures!

A plus is the location: although it was raining and and miserable in Skagway, it was dry up at Joni's!

Archived