Opinions about Porthole on Sunshine?

luna13

Hi all-I am eyeballing a Feb. cruise on Sunshine, and I was wondering if anyone had any input on porthole rooms? I've had both interiors and OV's on past cruises, and while I love a window, I also love saving money :). Seems like a porthole might be the best option. The only thing is, I've actually never been all the way forward-always aft, which seems closer to things. Any thoughts?

I've enjoyed the portholes. It provides enough light and views of the ocean without costing a fortune.

As far as the forward, it didn't bother me. It is a bit of a walk from the elevator, but the movement doesn't affect me. Saving money and extra exercise...sounds like a win-win! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We love porthole cabins. We stayed in one when we sailed on Sunshine. The best thing about being forward rather than aft is that there are 10 elevators forward vs 4 aft, really cuts down on wait times. The downside to portholes is noise from waves crashing into front of ship if seas are rough.

• 3 months later...

We've done a porthole before - I love the sound of the waves! And I LOVE to save money. The porthole gives the us the same main advantage of an OV - natural light - at a considerable saving. I just booked a porthole cabin on our Jan 17 Conquest cruise.

Did a porthole on Fantasy last month, first cruise without a Balcony and enjoyed the room. Sure I missed having the fresh air from the balcony, but having a porthole satisfied the need for natural light and ability to see outside at $100 cheaper per person vs an OV. Give it a shot, might be your new room of choice.

Love porthole rooms. Same size as the cove balcony we stayed in but the price of interior. I love the price but I really don't like the long walk to the aft. If you forget your sunglasses or something it's not very convenient but I need the exercise. I hang out on an aft deck reading books all the time so it can be a long walk. I book them anyway. Super inexpensive for the larger space. I like the sound of the waves.

• 1 month later...