What to do after Woodwind trip?

Renken

After reading all the wonderful reviews, I've booked the Woodwind Snorkel trip for 4 hours, as the 3 hr trip was already full. Can't wait!

We are docked until 5PM. Is there enough time to tour the island after the snorkel trip? Also enough time to go back to the ship for a quick shower before touring around? Any recommendations on how we can get around? Any must-see's in the remaining time until departure?

There will be time to go back to the ship after Woodwind. I would walk through the Arts and Crafts Cruise Market in Wilhelmina Plaza (they have locally made items, music, local food, tropical drinks/shaved ice). Then head down Kaya Grande to see Kralendijk and back along the water on your way back to port. The island tours are 2 - 4 hours depending on whether you go North or South or both. If you only have time to do just one the South is my recommendation to see the salt flats. But, you will be pressed for time to do both. Just let me know if you have more questions.

There will be time to go back to the ship after Woodwind. I would walk through the Arts and Crafts Cruise Market in Wilhelmina Plaza (they have locally made items, music, local food, tropical drinks/shaved ice). Then head down Kaya Grande to see Kralendijk and back along the water on your way back to port. The island tours are 2 - 4 hours depending on whether you go North or South or both. If you only have time to do just one the South is my recommendation to see the salt flats. But, you will be pressed for time to do both. Just let me know if you have more questions.

Excellent advice! I might go for the South tour. Any suggestions on a particular tour? Should we pick up one by the cruise port?

There are a number of good tour operators. I would suggest Bonaire Vista Tours - it's a smaller bus and they do a great job. You should definitely book ahead of time. You can find their contact info on TripAdvisor.

Thank you! Will def check them out.

• 1 month later...

We were exhausted after Woodwind and was happy just to shop at the market and go downtown for ice cream. Some cruise critic friends did both stout and woodwind ad they thought it was slot for one day

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
We were exhausted after Woodwind and was happy just to shop at the market and go downtown for ice cream. Some cruise critic friends did both stout and woodwind ad they thought it was slot for one day

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is the market and down town easy to get to?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, the tours will let you off very close to Wilhelmina Plaza which is in the middle of downtown - just off the North Pier and right where the Arts and Crafts Cruise Market is located. They have have a great variety of locally made items along with food, frozen desserts and drinks, and music, etc. It will be a 2 minute walk for you and worth spending an hour in the market. You can also look them up on Facebook (Bonaire Arts and Crafts Cruise Market) if you have any questions.