Cave Tubing and possible snakes?

travelatthesea

My daughter (20) and I would really like to do Cave Tubing. She is deathly afraid of snakes and running into one might ruin the whole experience for her as well as others...lol. We heard that there probably aren't snakes in the water, but they are in the jungle. I know it's a funny question, but how likely is it that we might run into snakes along the hike? Thank you.

We went on a cave tubing excursion a couple of years ago. Never saw one snake. I guess it's always a possibility since you're in a jungle. But if I had seen a snake I would have freaked out, especially in the water. We're planning another cruise for next year and we'll probably do the cave tubing again. Loved it.

I don't recall any snakes in the water, nor does my wife,who would have jumped out of the tube and screamed bloody murder at the mere sight or mention of "snake", and she's been on 2 more cave tubing trips than I have.

For the most part snakes are going to stay away from where there is heavy human traffic. So unless you're the very first tube in the water and there's been no cave tubing at the park in several days, you'll be fine. Guides tube and walk beside and in front of their string of tubes so they'll shush any snakes away if sighted.

We have done this tour twice now and have never seen any snakes. As a matter of fact, I'm a regular on here and have read TONS of reviews regarding this excursion and have never once seen anyone mention that they have ran into a snake while doing this tour in the water or on land. :)