Nassau Bahamas with a toddler

beachlover777

I'm looking for advice on what to do during our short stop in Nassau, Bahamas. We are docked from 7-3 on a Sunday in December. We will have our almost 2 year old with us. I was looking for just a nice beach day with some food/drinks. I was looking at the British Colonial Hilton, but they have a day pass fee and we won't be in port all day. I know Junkanoo is free, but don't know much else. I'm wondering which is a better choice or if anyone can give any insight/advice on what to do for a short port stay with a toddler.

There are several public beaches...do a Google search! None are too far from port...and there are some hotels where you can pay to use their facilities. Or...stay on the ship! The majority of folks will leave, and the ship feels like a private yacht!

For the short amount of time you'll be there, I'd take a walk around the port area (straw market),and then use the ship's facilities!

I love Ardastra Gardens... but it's not a beach day.

they have a marching flamingo show, but the fun is before or after the show when the Flamingos are just hanging out in the zoo.

310715_2570143022025_1302188077_n.jpg

Additionally, there's a thing where you feed apples to lorie parrots, and they just fly to you and start eating apples.

299848_2570178222905_1192573458_n.jpg

We've gone there since the kids were little... after the first time, we were hooked.

199496_1014210324680_7563_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...