Shuttle : Civitavecchio to Florence with stop at Pisa

burrma

I believe you meant from Livorno (not Civitavecchia)?

I can't recommend a shuttle, but it's very possible to take the train for a modest cost to Florence with a stop enroute to Pisa. On the minus side, it's a short day if you try to do both. On the plus side, it's about the same amount of time you'd spend there if you took a ship tour and far less expensive.

Thanks to the above two posts; we get off the ship at Civi; we want to get to Florence and hopefully stop at Pisa for a couple of hours on the way. can't do that on the train and with luggage so for 10 people; thought a shuttle would be the way to go. Thanks for any help you can give me.

can't do that on the train and with luggage

Sure you can. Train up to Pisa - most train stations in Italy have left luggage facilities so that's shouldn't be a problem - then train from Pisa to Florence. Not saying it's what you should ultimately do, but it's certainly very doable. Or, you could do Civi-Rome-Florence by train, and do Pisa as a day trip, depending on how long you'll be there

I'm not sure you'll find a shuttle service to do this, and if you do will probably cost several hundred euros.

Thanks to the above two posts; we get off the ship at Civi; we want to get to Florence and hopefully stop at Pisa for a couple of hours on the way. can't do that on the train and with luggage so for 10 people; thought a shuttle would be the way to go. Thanks for any help you can give me.

OK, so you're planning a stop-over in Florence, rather than a same-day return to Civi.

Yes, perfectly do-able, by train or road.

And if it's just a couple of nights, a hotel in Pisa rather than Florence would resolve the luggage issue.

With ten of you, mebbe a van would be a tolerably economical option & more flexible - can I suggest you check prices on the trenitalia site against those from recommended operators like http://www.romeinlimo.com - they're not the cheapest but will give you a ball=park to compare against the train.

JB :)