Lots of Changes For The Texas Cruise Industry In 2015!

thecruiserofships

There are a lot of changes for the Texas cruise industry in 2015.

Here are the changes at a glance:

Galveston:

Carnival: Carnival Freedom Added As A Third Ship, Temporary Longer Triumph Itineraries, and Temporary Shorter Magic Itineraries

Royal Caribbean: Liberty of the Seas Will Replace Navigator of the Seas

Disney: The Disney Wonder will sail from Galveston late this year (very brief while)

Houston:

Norwegian: The Norwegian Jade will replace the Norwegian Jewel for seasonal sailings.

Princess: The Caribbean Princess will come back to Houston to replace the Emerald Princess, but the Caribbean Princess has sailed from Houston before. This ship is also seasonal.

All of these changes are exciting and will help Texas' cruise industry grow. If you want more details about this changes for both ports:

http://www.embarkandaway.com/general-cruise-blog/2015-is-an-exciting-year-for-texas-galveston-houston-cruisers

I am planning on driving to Galveston sometime this year to get a view of the Carnival Freedom. For the future, I am hoping the Carnival Vista comes to Galveston and Norwegian will sail year round from Houston.

Anyone cruising on any of these ships this year?

Edited by thecruiserofships

I am planning on driving to Galveston sometime this year to get a view of the Carnival Freedom. For the future, I am hoping the Carnival Vista comes to Galveston and Norwegian will sail year round from Houston.

Anyone cruising on any of these ships this year?

Probably not cruising this year, but looking into the Jade for next March or April. Going to start looking for sales / deals for 2016 in a few months.

Not sure how much weight it carried, but John Heald asked on his FB page a few months ago where Vista should be home ported. It seemed like most of the responses were for Galveston.

Probably not cruising this year, but looking into the Jade for next March or April. Going to start looking for sales / deals for 2016 in a few months.

Not sure how much weight it carried, but John Heald asked on his FB page a few months ago where Vista should be home ported. It seemed like most of the responses were for Galveston.

I am looking for sales too! I think Galveston or Miami will be a logical homeport for the Carnival Vista. There is some speculation that the Magic will be replaced either way. I guess we will just have to wait! :)

Hopefully the Vista will come to Galveston!