New Orleans Country Inn and Suites

Bigoldhag

If your referring to the newly opened Country Inn & Suites in Metairie on Causeway.... I am not sure but it is newly renovated (was a Ramada up until a couple months ago). It is close to the mall and literally hundreds of good dining options.

There is also a Country Inn & Suites in Kenner right by the airport.

Other options along the same level as this hotel would be the Holiday Inn Metarie, the Residence Inn, and there is also a Sheraton in the same vicinity.

Are you driving in or flying in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Forums mobile app

We love the French quarter location. We've stayed there twice. Some of the rooms are in a strange location, but a bellhop takes you to your room so you won't get lost. Great location! Getting a cab to the port is fast and easy.

We love the French quarter location. We've stayed there twice. Some of the rooms are in a strange location, but a bellhop takes you to your room so you won't get lost. Great location! Getting a cab to the port is fast and easy.

Thanks, I'm so glad to hear this. I read great reviews but was still a bit nervous. Some are taking a cab but two couples are driving so need cruise port parking. I've heard bad things about the Whale lot so probably parking in Fulton lot.

• 1 month later...

Looking to book the location in Metairie. Speaking with he hotel through email. I am being told $129 includes airport shuttle, shuttle to the cruise port and breakfast for 2 kids and 2 adults. Can anyone confirm this? Seems awfully good if the transportation is included. I would only be responsible for transportation back to the airport.

That sounds really good. For the same package at the Holiday Inn, I'm paying $190 including taxes. Also includes transportation back to airport. When are you going? If it's a true quote I might switch. Let us know.

I booked today $129 before tax. I just received my confirmation a few min ago. Where is the holiday inn? I am still considering staying down by the port since we have never been to New Orleans. We are cruising 2/14/16 and arriving on 2/13. Please let me know which holiday inn.

I called Country Inn & Suites in Metairie to ask about ask about transportation from the cruise terminal back to the hotel, so that I can pick up my car. The woman on the phone said a taxi would be about $20-25. Also, they didn't offer pick up from the cruise terminal because of some law from Port Authority.

So I called the Holiday Inn in Metairie, which happens to be on the same street, and verified that their package includes the shuttle from the cruise terminal back to the hotel and another shuttle to the airport, if needed. The man verified that the package includes that, and I explained about how the other hotel said there was a law not allowing that. He didn't seem to know about that law and said they pick up people on their shuttle all the time.

Does anyone know about this law? It makes me nervous that 2 hotels in the same town on the same street have different answers. :confused: