Hotel Recommendation in Portsmouth UK?

jettman

Hi fellow travelers - we have decided to leave London early and spend an evening in Portsmouth UK prior to sailing on Silver Explorer. Does anyone have a recommendation for a boutique hotel and things to do in Portsmouth?

Thanks!

Jettman

Good Morning Jettman - Portsmouth is a fascinating City with immense Naval History and provides the opportunity to visit Nelsons Flagship, The Victory as well as the Henry V111 Warship Mary Rose. However in my knowledge Portsmouth has no decent Hotels whatsoever - it has a Marriott but its not up to much.

If you have a Car I would suggest staying in say Southampton ( The Terravina Hotel is excellent ) which is only 30 minutes drive. If not I can only echo Duct Tapes thoughts and trawl TripAdvisor.

I wish you a great time.

If you're only staying one night, then I would suggest a Premier Inn. They are a UK budget chain, very well priced, no frills but you do get a very clean room with a spotless bathroom. Good locations. I wouldn't have dinner there though. Am sure Portsmouth has its share of nice restaurants. You could be right in the centre of town and able to walk to the harbour etc.