champagne?

sho

Can I request from the butler a bottle of champagne instead of a bottle of spirit as included in the stateroom?

What is the house champagne these days? I hope it is not Delamott.

Absolutely. And you can request that they replenish the supply as needed. We were last on a Silversea ship 2 months ago and the house champagne was Monopole Blue Top. It's been that for quite some time (i.e., years), but I think they also have Drapier.

If you really like champagne, I would also suggest the Pol Roger that is offered on the Connoisseur's wine list for a modest price.

Fabulous producer. We are partial to the rose. I think it was 2002 and a bargain. It could have been 2003, but that was a funky vintage for Dom Perignon, so I dont think it was the same. Anyway, DP is nice (and drinkable ;) ) but very heavy. We prefer the Pol Roger. And if Nigella sees this, perhaps she will chime in with her thoughts as she is a fan as well. Though you have to promise to leave some for us as we will be back onboard later this year!

Edited by Herman The Cat

Fabulous producer. We are partial to the rose. I think it was 2002 and a bargain.

Thanks so much Herman! I'll seek it out once on board and be sure the sommelier sets a bottle (or two) back for you. Take care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk