non-ship excusrion

fishman620

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
We always use Mandoo (4 times in the past), and this coming January he's arranging a snorkeling trip to the underwater sculpture garden for us.

I tried to email Mandoo, however no response. I will try again. I'm looking for something that will possibly give us a foodie experience while seeing the sights.

I tried to email Mandoo, however no response. I will try again. I'm looking for something that will possibly give us a foodie experience while seeing the sights.

check out Boots Cuisine. I spoke to someone today who said they went last night and the food was fantasic. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147296-d1076132-Reviews-Boots_Cuisine-St_George_s_Saint_George_Parish_Grenada.html

We always use Mandoo (4 times in the past), and this coming January he's arranging a snorkeling trip to the underwater sculpture garden for us.

The snorkeling from Dragon Bay is a fairly new thing Mandoo is offering (essentially subcontracting) and so can not comment on the boat, the equipment, whether they guide you or leave you to it, the standard of what they offer etc. It would be great to get a review once you have been :o

Please do be sure to ask if they are including the US$1 Marine Protected Area wrist band in the price as you need to wear one when snorkeling( US$2 - diving the park). Any operators not giving you a band is working against the current regulations and last thing we would want is the wardens swooping down on you.

The snorkeling from Dragon Bay is a fairly new thing Mandoo is offering (essentially subcontracting) and so can not comment on the boat, the equipment, whether they guide you or leave you to it, the standard of what they offer etc. It would be great to get a review once you have been :o

Please do be sure to ask if they are including the US$1 Marine Protected Area wrist band in the price as you need to wear one when snorkeling( US$2 - diving the park). Any operators not giving you a band is working against the current regulations and last thing we would want is the wardens swooping down on you.

I'll definitely report back. We know it's a subcontract situation, and we're okay with that. We carry our own gear, so provided equipment isn't a concern, nor is having a guide. If one is offered, fine, but not necessary. We're expecting to have a good experience. Thanks for the heads up on the wristband - I'll make sure we get them.

Edited by Miss Vickie

• 2 weeks later...
Is there an operator that offers both a spice Island tour & snorkel?

Not usually as folk either want one or the other so we don't have operators that offer both. Most generally sub-contract one bit or the other. I've heard of numerous folk doing morning island tours and then organizing snorkel tours. Need to be back by 1pm as most go out 1:30ish. Hope you find what you are looking for :)