These are my thoughts on our recent Jan 16 - Feb 5 Crown Princess cruise. We had one FCD before we sailed. Didn’t even consider booking another one onboard. After the debacle Caribbean Princess 2019 cruise and this one…. if we ever sail with Princess again it will be on one of the very newest ships.
Room Steward - Pramod Dhavale (one of the best stewards we have had on any ship)
Assistant Cruise Director
Mark from Toronto Canada (should be a CD asap)
The response from Passenger Services about complaints
(in hindsight we should have made far more)
Crooners - drinks overlooking the Piazza entertainment
- service was a little slow, but worth it
Production Show “Encore” - saw it in February 2019 and still think it is a wonderful show
Comedian (1st 10 day segment) - can’t remember his name,
not Miguel Washington (who was fine - but didn’t to see him 4 times over 20 days)
Salty Dog Gastropub (wish they had more non-cheese options)
Booked as a 20 day cruise - not a Back to Back
- But repeats of EVERYTHING - Menus, Movies, Entertainment, Trivia questions, EVERYTHING
- Lobster Bisque overly salty
- Filet ordered Medium - served blood rare
- Vegetables (asparagus & mushrooms) served with zero seasoning, butter, oil, lemon, and zero flavour
Dining Room Food
- uninspired choices, repetitive, incredibly bland
Entertainment - completely repetitive
- Production Shows & Comedians - that’s it
- the WORST entertainer we’ve ever seen: Greg London
Lido Cabin L311 - Worst balcony ever.
Noisy (9:30pm -12:30am Deck Party was torture)
Smelly (not sure why, weird Food & Chemical smells)
Really just 1/2 a balcony because of its location at the end of hall. No chair stools… BAD choice!
Lido Cabin L311 - Smallest Shower ever.
Lido Cabin L311 - Overly Soft Bed (ymmv if you like those)
Disembarkation in Grand Turk after a +30 minute delay
- the most disorganized mess of a job that we’ve seen
MUTS - perhaps the biggest disappointment. No more trivia or animal videos during the day. “Discovery” pictures of lovely sights with no explanation of where….. all day every day.
Disembarking tomorrow to board Holland America’s Oosterdam.
Bigger balcony, far better bathroom (with a TUB), & firmer bed. 🙂