Silver Cloud

swindy

FWIW - When we disembarked 8/13, they were: Captain Tomasz Kulas, Hotel Director Marius Sima, CD Allan King. Can't remember the name of the DR manager / Maitre d'. Chef was Jerome Foussier and he was great.

Things may have changed entirely by now but I won't be back to recheck until October. :D

Things may have changed entirely by now but I won't be back to recheck until October.

Looking forward later this year to hear more details on the Silver Cloud, staff, etc., from your October sailing. We are planning a Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Silver Cloud Amazon-Caribbean combo back-to-back sailing over 26 days.

From our 15-day Norway cruise in July 2010, we loved having time and the opportunity to get to know many of the staff. We especially loved getting to know and work with Maitre D' Jorge. Assume the excellent Jorge is still with Silversea, right? What ship is he mostly working? Any recent sightings/experiences with Jorge?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 155,122 views. Nice to be hitting this high of a level for viewership. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Good afternoon Dieter,

Hope you and Debbie are well. One of these days we'll meet up again on a Silversea voyage. When you see Jorge, could you please ask him if he'll be onboard the Whisper on December 12th? Would be wonderful to see him again.

With sincere thanks,

ScottToronto

Looking forward later this year to hear more details on the Silver Cloud, staff, etc., from your October sailing. We are planning a Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Silver Cloud Amazon-Caribbean combo back-to-back sailing over 26 days.

From our 15-day Norway cruise in July 2010, we loved having time and the opportunity to get to know many of the staff. We especially loved getting to know and work with Maitre D' Jorge. Assume the excellent Jorge is still with Silversea, right? What ship is he mostly working? Any recent sightings/experiences with Jorge?

I may get around to doing a not-so-live blog/review of this recent trip; love that North Atlantic itinerary. The islands to the north of Great Britain are so interesting, and Iceland is one of our favorite places... Love following the Vikings; even better to do it 1000+ years later in a SS luxury ship!

Haven't seen Jorge since 2012 on the Wind. Such a gentleman!

Good afternoon Dieter,

Hope you and Debbie are well. One of these days we'll meet up again on a Silversea voyage. When you see Jorge, could you please ask him if he'll be onboard the Whisper on December 12th? Would be wonderful to see him again.

With sincere thanks,

ScottToronto

Scott, we also hope that we will soon see you on another Silversea voyage! Will definitely tell you what Jorge says about his whereabouts on December 12. May the Icelandic volcanoes not hinder our imminent cruise!

Dieter

I may get around to doing a not-so-live blog/review of this recent trip; love that North Atlantic itinerary. The islands to the north of Great Britain are so interesting, and Iceland is one of our favorite places... Love following the Vikings; even better to do it 1000+ years later in a SS luxury ship! Haven't seen Jorge since 2012 on the Wind. Such a gentleman!

Wellseasoned: Terry' date=' Jorge is currently aboard the Whisper. We'll be [b']seeing him in two weeks! [/b] Dieter

Appreciate this added info. Very interesting. YES, I encourage any post-cruise updates on the Silver Cloud by jpalbny. Say "Hi!!" to Jorge. Don't know that he will remember me. I took lots of pictures of Jorge and the great staff during our July 2010 Norway cruise. Posted lots on my live/blog that has received over 155,000 views. Below is one example of Jorge in action for those who have not had the good fortunate of meeting and working with him. Not only is he a great "gentleman", but he is so super hard-working, organized, responsive, helpful, etc. Great memories from that adventure!!

Have not, yet, been to Iceland. Sounds great.

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 74,614 views for this fun posting.

Here’s a picture of Maitre D' Jorge doing a great job finalizing details to get ready for the start of the International Buffet at noon on the Silver Cloud on a sea day. Nice ice carving and super food!:

CloudBuffetJorgeFinalDetails.jpg