Hilton Rose Hall

ljzelenz

We are sailing in Nov on the Oasis. Has anyone been on the RCI shore excursion to Hilton Rose Hall? The info states only 4 hours. Does that mean it you are only at the resort for 3 hours ? Are you able to enjoy the resort longer with booking through Resort 4 a day? Any information is appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are sailing in Nov on the Oasis. Has anyone been on the RCI shore excursion to Hilton Rose Hall? The info states only 4 hours. Does that mean it you are only at the resort for 3 hours ? Are you able to enjoy the resort longer with booking through Resort 4 a day? Any information is appreciated!

We were at Hilton Rose Hall last week on our FOS cruise. We booked it thru resort for a day. It does include transportation via bus with it, however, we decided to take a taxi both ways so we could come and go when we wanted (taxi was $50 each way). The shipped docked at 10:00 so we grabbed a taxi and it's about 30 minutes. We left at 3:00 but could have stayed there longer since the ship didn't leave port until 6:30.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

We went last year and used Resort for a Day too. We have used that company to book the AI's in Jamaica twice now and they are very reliable.

Hilton Rose Hall is a beautiful place. It's really easy to do on your own (I don't know what RCCL charges for the excursion, but it's probably a lot more than booking it yourself).

I did a complete review of it (listed in my signature line) and it has TONS of pictures included in it.

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

Thank you do much for your support!

What time do you leave the port and return with Resort 4 a Day's transportation?

Also, was the drive a safe one? We will be traveling with 2 children.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our ship arrived at 8am and we were given until 9am to get on the bus. (We went with NCL, so we docked and then had to take a short bus ride over to the terminal and out the doors at port).

Then we negotiated a return time with everyone in the party and the driver and he returned when we told him we would like to be picked up.

I am going to book this excursion through RCI even though I rarely book through the cruise lines anymore. The reason we decided to book the ship excursion is because it's shorter. :D We don't have kids. We are in our early 50's and active. It will be just the two of us on this cruise. We want to try out Hilton Rose Hall but don't really want to spend the whole day there. It's just easier to book it through the ship for that reason. We could grab a cab when we are ready to leave but the price would even out then. So, after much thought and much debate on it, I decided the ship's excursion works better for us.

Looks beautiful and I'm excited to spend a couple of hours there. :)

I am going to book this excursion through RCI even though I rarely book through the cruise lines anymore. The reason we decided to book the ship excursion is because it's shorter. :D We don't have kids. We are in our early 50's and active. It will be just the two of us on this cruise. We want to try out Hilton Rose Hall but don't really want to spend the whole day there. It's just easier to book it through the ship for that reason. We could grab a cab when we are ready to leave but the price would even out then. So, after much thought and much debate on it, I decided the ship's excursion works better for us.

Looks beautiful and I'm excited to spend a couple of hours there. :)

Some times that's how it works out (for the best depending on your situation). I usually don't book with the ship either, but I have been known to do it when the situation warrants it and have been happy with my decision.

I hope you have a wonderful relaxing day there. It is a very beautiful place and the lazy river is relaxing. :)

Just to clarify, with Resort 4 day. The bus left at 9 and what was the return time? We would like to maximize our time but do not feel comfortable taking a taxi! Thanks so much for your support!

Just to clarify, with Resort 4 day. The bus left at 9 and what was the return time? We would like to maximize our time but do not feel comfortable taking a taxi! Thanks so much for your support!

Um, I would have to go back and look at my review to see what time we actually left. I know they ask everyone when do they want picked up and it was the time we picked.

Resort for a day wants $114 each for adults are there any better deals? Carnival doesn't offer it thru the cruise line.

I could not find any better deal. Resort for a day has a desk in the lobby of the Hilton Rose Hall so even if you just call or go to the resort they refer you to the desk.

• 3 months later...

I'm possibly heading to HRHall too in November and what's holding me back from booking is this ridiculous 4 hour time frame. I'm looking at Resort for a Day and they would pick us up at 9:30, it's 20-30 to the resort and they pick us back up to return to the ship at 2.

4 hours, $115 or so??? What to do?? Drop $345 between the 3 of us or just go to Doctors Cave Beach for pennies on that?

I could not find any better deal. Resort for a day has a desk in the lobby of the Hilton Rose Hall so even if you just call or go to the resort they refer you to the desk.

Ahhhh. The fix is in! Eh. I'd like to check it out but shelling out $350ish for 4 hours for 3 people seems silly.

Ahhhh. The fix is in! Eh. I'd like to check it out but shelling out $350ish for 4 hours for 3 people seems silly.

What we did BUT it cost another $50 each way was to not take the transportation from Resort for a Day and took a Taxi. This way you can go as early as you want and leave as late as you want in time to get back to the ship. So more money but more time. Also, didn't have to wait for everyone to get on the bus to get over there. As with any excursion you could have a good group that all gets there on time or you could have people that stroll up late like they are the only ones.

• 2 weeks later...
What we did BUT it cost another $50 each way was to not take the transportation from Resort for a Day and took a Taxi. This way you can go as early as you want and leave as late as you want in time to get back to the ship. So more money but more time. Also, didn't have to wait for everyone to get on the bus to get over there. As with any excursion you could have a good group that all gets there on time or you could have people that stroll up late like they are the only ones.

So another $100 total?

I booked directly with Hilton, day room for 2 Adults, 1 child is $129. Yes, we have to take a taxi but seems like the best deal, you even get a room to use.

Room:

2 adults, 1 child

PARTIAL OCEAN VIEW 2 QUEEN BEDS-ALL INCLUSIVE Non Smoking Room

Price 128.70

Room Subtotal 128.70

DAY USE

Rate Details

Room Details

Total for stay: $128.70 USD

I booked directly with Hilton, day room for 2 Adults, 1 child is $129. Yes, we have to take a taxi but seems like the best deal, you even get a room to use.

Room:

2 adults, 1 child

Price 128.70

Room Subtotal 128.70

DAY USE

Rate Details

Room Details

That's a great deal!! I never thought of doing it that way!

We will be in Falmouth on the Freedom OTS from 10 pm - 7 pm. Does anybody know by what time one is picked up and returned to the port by booking through Resort for a day?

I looked to try to find my confirmation but couldn't find it. So by memory I think the meet outside the ship time was 10:30 or 10:45 but keep in mind they don't leave until everyone is checked in. So if you have people that don't arrive on time it will delay your departure. I don't remember how long they gave you at the resort, sorry.

Room:

2 adults, 1 child

Price 128.70

Room Subtotal 128.70

DAY USE

Rate Details

Room Details

I just looked on their website and the price is MUCH higher than that for the date I'll be there in Nov.

Room:

2 adults, 1 child

Price 128.70

Room Subtotal 128.70

DAY USE

Rate Details

Room Details

That's an awesome deal. Congrats. I never even knew you could do this but I just checked my date, Nov 12th and it was the exact same price as resort for a day. $342. The bonus is obviously a room to shower and change in, the disadvantage is self pay for transport. Oh well.