Celebrity Solstice - Deck 7 or 10?

domino1230

We're planning a cruise for 2015 to Alaska on Celebrity Solstice. We have an option of Deck 7 (Deluxe with Veranda) near the back of the ship or Deck 10 (concierge) in the back or the front. I've read a lot about the smell of smoke when on balconies on Deck 10 and also the obstruction from Mission Control (for a lack of a better term) in the front. Anyone had that issue from Deck 10? Also, we're concerned about the obstruction of looking down onto the top of lifeboats. Anyone have experience with this from Deck 10 or Deck 7 in the back? Is there less motion in the back of the ship as opposed to the front? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

We are going to Alaska in June 2015 on RCCI - We booked a balcony on the back of the ship. I heard that that is the place to be for Alaska. I have never heard of the "smells" being a problem. I guess we will find out. We have, in the past, on a Celebrity ship (Exquinox), had a balcony over the life boats. I think they called it a semi obstructed view. For us, it was no big deal at all. The view was still expansive and breath taking. Really didn't get in our way. I suppose there is "obstructed" and "Semi-Obstructed". Not sure I would like to pay that much money and be obstructed all the way.

• 2 weeks later...