Valetta

We are on a cruise sailing from Valetta in May. The plane touches down at 11.30am, I guess followed by the usual baggage reclaim, passport control, bus to terminal, wait to check in etc. My question is will there be enough time to get back off the ship and walk around the town before sailing/ muster drill and is that fairly easy or is it a long way from the port to the town? It seems a pity just to see Malta from the bus, then hide away on the ship.

We are on a cruise sailing from Valetta in May. The plane touches down at 11.30am, I guess followed by the usual baggage reclaim, passport control, bus to terminal, wait to check in etc. My question is will there be enough time to get back off the ship and walk around the town before sailing/ muster drill and is that fairly easy or is it a long way from the port to the town? It seems a pity just to see Malta from the bus, then hide away on the ship.

I think before planning to walk round Valetta after boarding you would be better to ask your cruise company, if you would be allowed to disembark and then reboard

We are joining for a second half of a B2B so the passengers on the B2B will be ashore. But you are right it is worth checking. We did it last year in Genoa, same ship (Oceana) same company (P&O), I wouldn't bother asking P&O if the dock was 2 miles from the town through an industrial area, but if it is a ten min stroll then might be worth investigating.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
The Valletta Cruise Terminal is located right at the foot of the city. You just need to walk up a rather steep road to get there. If an uphill climb is too much for you, there is an elevator located a short distance away.

http://cruiseports.ca/malta/index.html

Enjoy Malta. It's lovely.

What would you say are the 'not to miss things in Malta'? And do you know of good Tour Operators there? We arrive in May 2017. Thanks much!

Terry

What would you say are the 'not to miss things in Malta'? And do you know of good Tour Operators there? We arrive in May 2017. Thanks much!

Terry

For me - St. John's Co-Cathedral; Upper Barrakka Gardens (wonderful view of the harbor); the Blue Grotto; and Mdina, the old capital. We toured with Amy Pace and had a great tour.