Return from Manhattan to Ridgefield Park, NJ

Schoifmom

I'm sure this has been asked/answered, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

We have booked the Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield Park, NJ prior to our cruise from NY. When I booked it, I was sure that it said round-trip transportation to the cruise port, but now it says it is only transportation to the port.

DH is traveling with a mobility scooter.

What would be the best, most reliable, least expensive service to return us to Ridgefield Park post-cruise?

We have booked the Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield Park, NJ prior to our cruise from NY. When I booked it, I was sure that it said round-trip transportation to the cruise port, but now it says it is only transportation to the port.

What would be the best, most reliable, least expensive service to return us to Ridgefield Park post-cruise?

There has been only speculation here about what exactly the hotel is now offering. You need to call the hotel first to confirm what you are paying for. If you reserved a while ago, they were definitely offering round trip at that time. You also need to confirm that whatever transportation they are arranging for you can accommodate the mobility scooter. If they are not offering return transportation, ask the hotel to book the same transportation for your return.

It makes no sense to me why a hotel offering free parking for cruisers and port transportation would not be including a return trip. It's not like you can just hail a NYC cab to go back to NJ without paying a minor fortune.

There has been only speculation here about what exactly the hotel is now offering. You need to call the hotel first to confirm what you are paying for. If you reserved a while ago, they were definitely offering round trip at that time. You also need to confirm that whatever transportation they are arranging for you can accommodate the mobility scooter. If they are not offering return transportation, ask the hotel to book the same transportation for your return.

It makes no sense to me why a hotel offering free parking for cruisers and port transportation would not be including a return trip. It's not like you can just hail a NYC cab to go back to NJ without paying a minor fortune.

Thanks, East!

Wow, I'm glad I saw your post! I made our reservations for this coming Oct back in May, but prior to that I called the hotel and was told the transportation to the Port was roundtrip. Did you actually talk to the management at the hotel? This may change our plans.:(

Check with NJ transit about the Ridgefield Park bus. Last year we stayed a few nights in Secaucus and took the bus to the Port Authority several times. It was always a kneeling bus, and on one of the trips the driver helped stow a wheelchair in the luggage compartment.

I just spoke with the hotel (with someone who seemed to struggle a little with English), and she did confirm that it is, indeed, round-trip transportation to the Port of Manhattan. I inquired as well about transporting the mobility scooter, and she said just to let them know when we check in. We'll see. I'm not entirely convinced that she understood that part, but I'm aggressive enough to deal with it if there is a problem when we check in.

I just spoke with the hotel (with someone who seemed to struggle a little with English), and she did confirm that it is, indeed, round-trip transportation to the Port of Manhattan. I inquired as well about transporting the mobility scooter, and she said just to let them know when we check in. We'll see. I'm not entirely convinced that she understood that part, but I'm aggressive enough to deal with it if there is a problem when we check in.

That's good news! However, I'd call back and try to reach a manager. Someone mentioned dealing with Fausto, who was very helpful. Be aggressive and speak to someone who is more fluent in English. You have special needs that might be difficult to fulfill at the last minute.

That's good news! However, I'd call back and try to reach a manager. Someone mentioned dealing with Fausto, who was very helpful. Be aggressive and speak to someone who is more fluent in English. You have special needs that might be difficult to fulfill at the last minute.

I plan to. We are still one month out. I'll call 3-5 days before we leave and speak with a manager to make sure everything is in line.

Thanks for the help, everyone!

I also called the hotel this morning and probably spoke to the same person. She confirmed that it is roundtrip and said that the website isn't very clear. I'm happy that I don't have to make different arrangements! :)

Schoifmom, hope you and DH have a wonderful cruise!