Breakaway to LGA

Mississippi1

I asked this on the NCL board, and thought I would post it here as well as I have seen many well-thought out replies to these big city questions!

I don't have a whole lot to choose from for return flights to Mississippi. If I do the self-assist disembarkation and arrange for a car service to take us to the airport (LGA), can I book an 11:05 AM flight? The next flight isn't until almost 4:00 in the afternoon, which will put us home at midnight. That will be hard on an old body needing to go to work Monday morning. (Taking Monday off is not an option.)

We live close to the water's edge near Rwy 31 - and - very much in tune with what's happending to LGA & surrounding.

Already answered in details in your NCL thread about NOT booking a 11:05 AM departure out of LGA on disembarkation morning, even if you have full travel / trip insurance coverage. Much rather you get home at midnight than to get to LGA at noon or 1 PM and have to scramble to rebook, subject to seating availability or worst, flying stand-by if you invoke the flat tire rules ... just not worth it.

The LGA Airport Project is expected - scheduled - for completion in 5 years, the current phrase involved the terminal's parking structure and interior service roadways. Earlier this week, I was driving on the Grand Central Parkway and actually saw travelers walking dangerously on the grass with luggage in tow to the terminal as vehicle traffic was at a virtual standstill.

http://www.wnyc.org/story/la-guardia-construction/

http://ny.curbed.com/2016/6/14/11938312/new-york-laguardia-airport-overhaul-begins

Think about: ship delayed in docking, holdup in CBP processing, transportation issue from terminal to airport, congestions reaching the terminal, weather & traffic delays, TSA at the security checkpoints, and, FAA delays and ground stops, etc.

Take your time getting off the ship and to the airport, relax and rest - maybe visit/use the airline club/lounge (a one-day pass is sometimes worth it for non-members) and rest as best you can, once en route - I understand that you are likely not flying home on a non-stop & still have hub connections to make. It is still a better option than watching your 11:05 roaring down the runway.

Lots of changes ahead, Q70 bus going SBS and when it's finally finished - should be much nicer. But, still no direct train links or AirTrain like JFK or EWR ... let's just leave that as topics for discussions on another day, another thread & elsewhere.

mking, I really appreciate the time you have taken on this thread and the other one, to keep me from making a BIG mistake! I will simply readjust my expectations, look into the airline lounge, and try to think of disembarkation day as another R&R day.